• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-P42X60b vs TH-37PX80?

mohsin_uk

Established Member
I have had a th-37px80 for over 5 years and it has been faultless. I think the picture quality is amazing and have often had people compliment the Blu-ray playback quality.

I have been after a slightly bigger tv so decided to buy the tx-p42x60b today. I had realised that I would loose 1 hdmi socket and that the screen would not have the extra plastic layer which makes the 37px80 a more durable tv. However the biggest issue I have is that the 42x60b seems to have a much more reflective screen which is so bad with the room lights on that I can see myself sitting opposite the tv even when I'm watching something!

While I realise the tv is a bargain and that it is a basic level plasma surely the screen being so reflective completely ruins any day time viewing or viewing with lights on or have I just completely missed a setting?

Mo

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom