Panasonic TX-P42X10B connect to Toshiba Tecra

welshpet

Novice Member
Hi, I have the above Panasonic Plasma TV and would like to know how I can connect my Toshiba Tecra A3X so that I can watch downloaded films on my TV. I have tried a HDMI to HDMI cable that worked ok but there was only the sound in my laptop and not from the TV. Can anyone suggest a cable of connection that would solve my problem please?

jamesjay

Novice Member
I hope this reply is not to late to help you but I had a similar problem with the same TV and my HP laptop...I am not at home now so I can't try this out...but I think while the laptop was connected via HDMI 3 and playing the movie I used the AV button on the TV and I went to the sound menu on my TV and changed the HDMI3 input from analogue to digital and the sound came on but not straightaway it took a few minutes, I have also used an audio cable from the laptop headphone socket to the L & R phono inputs on HDMI3 and had the TV sound menu HDMI3 on analogue and that also worked, I think you will need to play around with the outputs of your laptop too when using the laptops HDMI for sound.

Hope this helps
James.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom