Panasonic TX-P42X10 and TX-P37X10 owners thread! Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted, I paid £30-odd 2 years back :suicide:
That's a bargain price as RS have them still listed at £29.95 on their website !

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I have an Xbox 360 and have a choice of VGA or HDMI. A friend of mine has said he uses VGA as it shows the blacks better on his TV (not an X10) has anyone compared the two on this TV?

I have and IMO I found that the HDMI gave a better picture. The VGA input (using official Microsoft cable) gave me a slight ghosting and was not as clear/sharp as HDMI.

Can any of you kind people help with my previous queery?I have access to a CPC catologue so if there is a cable that will do the trick,i can get it!

Thanks

Hi all,

So i've got a 42" X10 sitting waiting to be unboxed and set up. Can people suggest the best way to run the set in - what not to do and suggest alternatives to my planned set-up (that doesn't mean 'scrap' and buy something new.)

X10 ---> Scart ---> SKY ---> Scart ----> VCR
X10 ----> Component ---> Wii

I also have a Sony DAVDZ260 (DVD Player/Built In home cinema thing) which has HDMI - currently it is connected via Scart and sound travels from the TV to the system, which is quiet useful. Should I connect the HDMI cable? Will that make the picture worse? I imagine sound should work too...

Should I avoid the xbox? If so, how long for? Anything else to avoid? Brightness settings etc.
If i decide to play xbox, how long for to start with?

What about stands? Should I buy on basis of maximum weight - seems 42" stands are much more expensive.

Thanks in advance...

Anyone advise on the DVD player and Stand/have any other suggestions?

Try connecting with a hdmi cable

I don't know how that would make the picture worse:confused:
There's no need to get one of those £50 ones, justa decent one from a good brand will do, but not a 99p piece of rubbish.

Re the stand i think it's more to do with weight, not size. I don't know why they limit it by size; who cares if there was a tiny bit of TV left hanging off the edge of the stand.

Hope that helped:D

If your dvd player has an HDMI output then presumably it upscales as well so that should definitely give a higher quality image than using a scart lead.

As for a stand I got mine built bespoke by
The Radiator Cabinet Shop in Manchester
. They'd built a few radiator cabinets for us in the past and were great, producing exactly what I'd designed and making it look better than I had imagined it! Have a look at their website gallery to see more examples of their work including TV stands with specially shaped shelves for centre speakers etc.

Cheers planetse jaymac and pete.tv connect to cinema via scart.when i had xbox on scart it just transfered the sound as i selected av1,naturally.

so what your saying is the component cabel set up is on a seperate loop and cannot output the sound through the connected scart to the hcinema?

unfortunately hcinema does not have optic socket.

obviously i can use aux red and white to jack and connect to the front of my hcinema using the audio in,but it looks a lash-up!

if i get a proper hdmi lead will i have the same problem as component?

the settings on audio seem quite limited to say the least which is dissappointing.

cheers
Anyone?:smashin:

Tapedeck, perhaps you could tell us the model of home cinema you have so people can suggest suitable set-ups?

You want to connect your XBOX 360 to the X10 and the audio to your cinema system right? What sort of XBOX do you have? Is it a newer one with HDMI output?

Give us a clue on the cinema system and we'll do our best to help :)

Hello all,

Firstly, I am now the proud owner of the 37" X10 and I have to say, it's a brilliant television.

I have one niggling problem, though. Football and other fast-moving sports generally look poor. There is noticable blurring and the sharpness leaves much to be desired.

I'm running SD content into the television via a standard Sky digibox using a SCART cable.

Any thoughts on settings? How can I combat this? Will HD content make any difference?

Hi Tapedeck - I'm a little confused as to what inputs your home cinema amp has - are you saying it has a scart? Can't you run the audio output terminals from the back of the TV to a spare phono input on the back of the AV amp rather than a mini jack on the front?

As regards the output from scart on the TV it won't output the video from the HDMI or component inputs because they are not video signals scart can carry. However I don't know if the audio from the component inputs can be output that way. Maybe give it a try?

Hello all,

Firstly, I am now the proud owner of the 37" X10 and I have to say, it's a brilliant television.

I have one niggling problem, though. Football and other fast-moving sports generally look poor. There is noticable blurring and the sharpness leaves much to be desired.

I'm running SD content into the television via a standard Sky digibox using a SCART cable.

Any thoughts on settings? How can I combat this? Will HD content make any difference?
I have the same TV with SD Sky via a modest SCART cable and can't say I've noticed any blurring - in fact I was pleasantly surprised at how good the picture is.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help ;)

Hi guys and girls, new to the forum but just purchased my very own 37x10 and love it, although the sound is not amazing so will be investing in some cheapish speakers and budget will not allow expensive ones, any got any recommendations for spending upto £100. many thanks.:hiya:

Hello all,

I think this is down to the broadcast quality.

One thing to remember is ITV sport is certainly not the best in the world:thumbsdow

Try different channels/programmes

Hi guys and girls, new to the forum but just purchased my very own 37x10 and love it, although the sound is not amazing so will be investing in some cheapish speakers and budget will not allow expensive ones, any got any recommendations for spending upto £100. many thanks.:hiya:
You'll need an amp to drive the speakers so you'll be pushing it to get something for £100. I've just checked Richer Sounds and they have a Cambridge Audio amp for £70 and some Eltax book shelf speakers for £30 which would just come in on budget.

It's a bit of a dead end system though - you'd be better to get a surround sound amp and start building a proper home cinema system. Start with a pair of speakers and you can add a centre and then rears as your budget permits.

I'd recommend going to Richer and explaining what you want and see what they can do. You might find they can offer you a bargain or secondhand amp and a pair of speakers to start your system.

Hi people.to clarify,i have a 360.where the cable comes out the back it has a box with 'tv' and 'hdtv' switch and a tiny socket that looks like the one that plugs into my cybershot camera-dont knnow what this is.

My amp has nought but one scart and the jacks on the front,its a built in all-in-one jobby but does have a HDMI and DMport.

Jaymac-i can get sound when i play through the scart but thats SD...if i take the component plugs out the adapter to get HD,i cannot plug it in.what do you mean?

I have AV1scart free now,audio in (red and white) on component Svid and red white yellow free on the side.Anyway i can do it?

No my xbox does not have HDMI out.

Cheers.

TD

oh and where is moniter setting???

:smashin:

Page 32 of the manual:

AV1/AV2 output settings - TV / AV1 / AV2 / AV3 / Monitor
where monitor shows the image displayed on screen

Hi people.to clarify,i have a 360.where the cable comes out the back it has a box with 'tv' and 'hdtv' switch and a tiny socket that looks like the one that plugs into my cybershot camera-dont knnow what this is.

The tiny socket in the plug that goes into your XBox is a TOS link socket - optical digital audio out.

My amp has nought but one scart and the jacks on the front,its a built in all-in-one jobby but does have a HDMI and DMport.

By all in one do you mean your amp is built into your dvd player?

What is a DM port?

Jaymac-i can get sound when i play through the scart but thats SD...if i take the component plugs out the adapter to get HD,i cannot plug it in.what do you mean?

Ok I'm getting a bit confused now... you are saying you get sound from the TV to the amp via the scart but SD? Sound is sound. If it's coming via a scart it's analogue. If it's coming via an HDMI or a coaxial or optical cable it's digital. there isn't an SD or HD for sound.

"If you take the component plugs out the adaptor to get HD..." Do you mean connect your XBox via the component connections rather than the composite plugs into a scart adaptor?

"...I can't plug it in" Can't plug what in?

I have AV1scart free now,audio in (red and white) on component Svid and red white yellow free on the side.Anyway i can do it?

Cheers.

TD

When you connect the XBox to the component inputs with the separate red, green & blue video leads you also need to connect the red & white audio leads to the component audio inputs. If you connect this way and have your amp linked by scart to AV1 on the TV and then set the AV1 output to monitor do you get XBox audio from the amp?

It would be a great help if you could post the make and model of your amp so I could Google the manual and have a better idea of the set up.

Ok done that so i still have to select component from the menu and im still getting tv sound through the home cinema.

what scart where you referring to remaining connected mate?

Nice one chaps,top marks.i was still using av2 to connect the home cinema,didnt think it would make any difference connecting to av1 instead.

Big respect for your help and patience(and for the record i know SD and HD sound are the damn same cheaky bugger!).

Just wording stuff correctly is hard.next time ill just take pics:clap:

Cheers

TD

actually i was using av1 switched to av2 and that includes svideo so guessing that made the difference???no idea how or why but thanks

Nice one chaps,top marks.i was still using av2 to connect the home cinema,didnt think it would make any difference connecting to av1 instead.

Big respect for your help and patience(and for the record i know SD and HD sound are the damn same cheaky bugger!).

Just wording stuff correctly is hard.next time ill just take pics:clap:

Cheers

TD

Sorry I wasn't meaning to be cheeky I promise! Just trying to make sure everything was clear.

So from what you say the monitor option is only available on AV1 output? That's interesting to know for future reference. (I don't have a plasma yet, still working with my trusty old Panasonic CRT but it's good to have all the settings ironed out before I make the plasma plunge later this year :))

Cheers.

TD

Dmport,digital media port. Sounds like a sony to me,could be like my all in one DVD system...they usually have atleast 1 optical in. Tapedeck,get the model no or at least a picture,you could be missing a trick as optical is your best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom