• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

panasonic tx-p42v10b and sc-bt200 setup question.

davedesign

Standard Member
Need some setup help, i will list my spec/facts and then question.

pansonic tx-p42v10b plasma connected to my
sc-bt200 blu-ray suround sound
Connected by hdmi and optical cable for sound
Viera link switched on
suround sound setup to start up with d-in1

my problem is when my tv remote turns on both units, the tv comes on first with sound through the tv speakers. The problem is that when the suround sound has started up it turns the tv over to AV1 (suround sound) and then i have to press tv to get back again with audio through suround sound

I want the audio to come through suround sound unit but how do i configure it so when the suround sound boots up it just takes over the audio instead of switching the tv to av1??

I hope i managed to explain this alright!!!

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I want the audio to come through suround sound unit but how do i configure it so when the suround sound boots up it just takes over the audio instead of switching the tv to av1??

Turn Viera link off. The two pieces of kit are assuming that when the home cinema is on, you want to watch it, rather than just listen to it.

davedesign

Standard Member
by turning off viera link i loose the ability to turn both units on with one remote, also when i do power up the suround sound with other remote when it starts it still turns the tv to av1.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
by turning off viera link i loose the ability to turn both units on with one remote

You can't have it both ways - sorry. Either keep Viera link turned on - in which case, whenever you turn the home cinema on it will (1) turn on the TV and (2) select the HDMI input on the TV that the home cinema is connected to. That's what Viera link is - the two pieces of kit try to control one another. Or turn Viera link off - but then you will have to (or be able to, depending upon how you look at it) control the two pieces of kit independently of each other.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom