Panasonic TX-P42V10 - Stuck Pixels

kain_dragoon

Standard Member
Hi guys, I bought a V10 from John Lewis a few weeks back, now everything was perfect until last night. I noticed two stuck pixels (magenta) positioned towards the centre of the screen.
Now admittedly, they are not easy to spot during normal viewing, but the fact that I know that they are there has been grating on my mind.
I know a few stuck pixels might be expected on a plasma/lcd display, but its still bloody annoying :suicide:.
I've tried a few alleged fixes, I have been running JScreenFix app at full screen for six hours, has not helped.
So I'd welcome some advice, is it better to contact john lewis for a replacement or might it be better to put up with it the way it is.
My one worry which I guess is pretty normal is if I do arrange a replacement, that it might develop similar if not worse symptoms :rolleyes:.

Btw, its my first post on here :hiya:.

perceptionist87

Hi guys, I bought a V10 from John Lewis a few weeks back, now everything was perfect until last night. I noticed two stuck pixels (magenta) positioned towards the centre of the screen.
Now admittedly, they are not easy to spot during normal viewing, but the fact that I know that they are there has been grating on my mind.
I know a few stuck pixels might be expected on a plasma/lcd display, but its still bloody annoying :suicide:.
I've tried a few alleged fixes, I have been running JScreenFix app at full screen for six hours, has not helped.
So I'd welcome some advice, is it better to contact john lewis for a replacement or might it be better to put up with it the way it is.
My one worry which I guess is pretty normal is if I do arrange a replacement, that it might develop similar if not worse symptoms :rolleyes:.

Btw, its my first post on here :hiya:.

Hey there, welcome to the forums!

I so understand your situation, since I was in exactly the same more than one time.

1) It was an LCD screen for the PC. There was 1 lit pixel in the lower right corner - the screen was replaced right away. Because sitting so close to it I couldn't keep from watching it all the time!

2) I had to experience that also plasma TVs can suffer from stuck pixels, just as you had to. Especially the full HD models because the sub-pixels are really microscopic to fit in an 42inch frame. I had one or two on the corners of he screen. But if you have them towards the center, I personally would have the set replaced.
You're right, there's no guarentee to get a pixel perfect display. I even observed mine at the authorized dealer and purchased exactly that specific one. Nevertheless, it did develop stuck pixels afterwards.

3) You can't see stuck sub-pixels on a full HD screen, except you really search for them, so maybe you can just learn to live with it.
On the other hand, the simple knowledge of it being present can ruin the joy of watching the TV.
You can also decide to switch for a HD ready screen with lower resolution, where the probability to get a pixel perfect one is almost 100%
It's up to you to decide.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom