Panasonic TX-P42UT30 Owners Thread

@xxTinkerbellexx

If the video driver is installed by W7 is possible to have this problem. Try to install the dedicated video driver from Dell website.

Can someone help me please with getting my computer to show on the TV?
I have a Dell Zino, and it is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable. Am I missing something, as nothing shows on the TV. I have it connected to the 3rd HDMI socket.

on mine i just plug laptop into tv, go into the screen resolution settings in windows and click detect, then click "duplicate these displays" in the mutiple displays menu, also select on the tv's av the correct hdmi port

on mine i just plug laptop into tv, go into the screen resolution settings in windows and click detect, then click "duplicate these displays" in the mutiple displays menu, also select on the tv's av the correct hdmi port

are you getting full screeen??? due to strange reason when i connect my ut30, the screen size of pc appears smaller than the tv?? any solution to this...i clicked on duplicate these displays.....

also one question: youtube 3d on UT30 should be able to play???

dude... are u sure u arnt expecting too much for 3D in televisions?? Try downloading the famous LG demo video, if the fish dosent pop up then, u can ascertain if theres a fault in ur tv.....

btw...3d in tv will never be that immersive like that in theatres

Hi thanks for the reply, I am only comparing it to other 3D tv's that I saw in the shops. Only looked at 40 inch and 42 inch tv's. So the same demo on other makes of 3D tv look pretty good, but on the UT30 don't look as good. Depth is ok, but there is no pop out at all!!

Can somebody please go into the system menu on the TV and tell me what software version their TV is running please? thanks!!

Oh, yes, will any USB dongle work for wireless? or does it have to be a specific model? is there a compability list somewhere? I was thinking of buying a netgear n150 from argos, will that work?

Just found this Gigaworld - Panasonic DYWL10 (alternative)
It has a comprehensive list of suitable tv
If im not allowed to post the link then im sorry but as im not sure ill leave it till i get told off:D

Thanks, but i am in ireland, and i just want to try a wireless dongle that i can get locally to see if it will work.

Can nobody take 2 minutes to tell me what software version they have on their tv please?

reaper12 said:
Thanks, but i am in ireland, and i just want to try a wireless dongle that i can get locally to see if it will work.

Can nobody take 2 minutes to tell me what software version they have on their tv please?

I have got the 1213-10000 software. Mine isn't hooked up to teh interwebs so I don't know if there is an available software update or not.

leedebs said:
Think 1218 is the latest as I recall, this fixes the FBR's apparently

FBR's? I don't think I have that on mine. If i did im sure i would notice it. I will keep an eye out for that.

Hi,

I recently bought this television, it is model TH-P42UT30T and I find the cheapest for 25592 baht (811 USD).

I am really happy with TV. Software version here is: 2113-10000 (2113 is not typo!).

I don't like, when watching 3d movie, I manually set up 3d signal (side by side), and TV after while detects this signal, and ask me if I want to switch into 3d, if I don't do anything, picture stays in 2d (so it resets my settings).

Also I got one question for you guys - I am going to buy gigabit switch, but I can not find anywhere, if this TV got 100mbit or 1000mbit ethernet.

Thanks.

Has anyone found a cheaper alternative dongle for this tv yet?

Netgear do a cheaper alternative, can't remember the Model No. but check the website.

:)

Did someone tried THX Optimizer or Digital Video Essentials for a good calibration?

But remember it has to be a V2 model with a serial number prefix of 2D4 to be able to connect with Panasonic TV's. So make sure you have the right WNDA3100 before purchase.

I am loving the TV, picture quality is really good. And considering I also own a Pioneer Lx5090 I was very surprised at how good the UT30 is. My only niggle now is the ethernet port not working. Does this mean that there is something faulty and it's only a matter of time before something else fails or am I unlikely to have any other issues because of this? Should I return it? Not sure I want to go to all that trouble.

Anybody watched 3d movie using subtitles using internal player in TV ? I got 3d mkv SBS and subtitles inside, when I play and select subtitles, subtitles are overlayed to both sides, so it is mess, I would say it is a bug.

Hi i purchased the Panasonic TX-P50U30B 50 INCH Plasma, i have connected by bose gsx series 2 system using component to scary in the AV 1 scary on the TV.
I can only hear the sound but no picture on the TV using the bose music system or when playing a DVD, why is this please help.

This is becoming very frustrating!!!!

you might have to set the resolution to 720p or 1080i. Another thing make sure you have the right cables plugged in. Some people reverse them by mistake.

reaper12 said:
you might have to set the resolution to 720p or 1080i. Another thing make sure you have the right cables plugged in. Some people reverse them by mistake.

Cables are fine, setting is on 1080, Does it make a difference? Do I need to change each time I want to use Bose system?

Component from Bose to Scart to TV is ok though is it?

Cheers

Buzz2985 said:
Component from Bose to Scart to TV is ok though is it?

No, if you're using component out (Red, Green, Blue)...not to be confused with Composite (Yellow, Red, White) you need to connect to a component input on the Tv...not scart.

JayCee said:
No, if you're using component out (Red, Green, Blue)...not to be confused with Composite (Yellow, Red, White) you need to connect to a component input on the Tv...not scart.

What is (red green blue) component to scart used for? If not what I am trying.

Your Tv does not accept component video via the scart socket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom