Panasonic TX-P42UT30 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Matt543, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Do you mean this one?

Here

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. bluesjunior

bluesjunior
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is working ok for me when I tried it just now?.

3. bluesjunior

bluesjunior
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes that's the one Alty, can't understand why the link is working for me though and not you others?.

4. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Hmm both work now, sorry must have been something my end.

5. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    The first one doesn't work for me at all so probably the website itself and not you.

:)

6. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I am soon to be a 50UT30 owner getting it from Seven Oaks via there deal here....

Sevenoaks Sound and Vision - Panasonic TX-P50UT30 <p> 50" 3D Plasma TV (Full HD) <p> (Save £600)

Comes with a 5 year warranty so i'm quite pleased :)

I read earlier that someone said the Plasma has to be upright when transported, is this true ? What happens if its layed flat ? I am likely going to be picking it up myself but will probably need to lay it flat to get it home.....should I be concerned ?

Cheers.

7. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
  8. HCK

HCK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Cheers, thx for the link :)

9. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
  10. Insanity202

Insanity202
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,878
    If you transport them lying down there's a risk the plasma screen could crack. How long this takes is anyone's guess but i would say going over one bad road or bad speed bump and you could end up with a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

11. Vindictive

Vindictive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just got the UT42 for the bedroom, can anyone offer any advice on how/what picture settings I need to look at to getting it looking good?

12. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    There's not been a definitive settings guide/list yet but if you read through the thread you'll get enough info to get it set up while it 'burns' in and one or two, I think, have fine tuned theirs to suit them, actually glad you mentioned this as still got it on my original settings (And it still looks good) so will have to investigate (Move the sliders....:) ) more.

:)

13. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    So it's only a glass breaking problem? This should be less of an issue with the modern plasmas as they are so much lighter now.

14. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Eh!, glass is glass no matter how much the TV weighs, just like lying a normal piece of glass down with no support in the middle and driving over a bumpy road, unpredictable and dangerous....

15. davidac

davidac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What is the difference between the UT and other 2011 Panasonic plasmas?

16. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Lots really in terms of spec and pic quality/adjustment there's a comparison feature on the Panny Website and it's currently the cheapest 3D model they do, but that doesn't mean it's a bad TV, not heard many bad reports of it and apart from the faulty ones that have appeared, everyone seems happy with it for the money, if it's around anyones particular budget I'd definitely recommend one.

17. dglc007

dglc007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

just joined this thread and wondered what colour / contrast settings people have for playing Xbox 360 on this TV.

I bought this TV in January, I love it and found no problems with it.

but I just change the picture mode to game and play Xbox on it and when i go back to watching TV, i change picture mode back to normal.

with Blu-rays, i simply adjust picture mode to cinema.

just wondered what peoples on opinions was for the best picture Blu-rays, games and TV

18. telepathy

telepathy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is p42u30 excelent with xbox?

19. joker

joker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use "dynamic" for xbox360 as this setting seems to offer best brightness levels (other settings are either too dark or too soft).
    I'm sure I use the same settings for all modes (xbox360, PS3, Bluray, VM HD) mostly because I can't be bothered messing. :laugh:

20. Alty08

Alty08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Yes.

The 'default' individual settings are fine to start with but everyone is different so hard to give a definitive answer, as I still use 'True Cinema' with all viewing with some of the levels turned down slightly as I haven't changed them from when 'running in' and use 'Game' for the 360 but it still looks good to us and I'm sure it will be even better when I get around to sorting it out properly.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  21. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hey everybody, is anyone using user mode in the sound menu? If you are can you share your equaliser settings please?

22. abRoncs

abRoncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any new software update for this tv? maybe a way to install the 2012 model (p42ut50) software on this one? The 2012 model has integrated web browser, that would be nice on our sets as well. maybe a better media playback...
    i can't even choose the subtitle, a basic function that my other cheap finlux tv has got.
    also a lot of the mkv files won't play, or play without sound..it's realy annoying.

23. leopol

leopol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I have purchased plasma 42UT30E, but unfortunately I was reading the wrong features, and most stores even now writes that UT30E has DLNA. There is DLNA, but for the Australian market with the label UT30A, so I left a little disappointed.

First
    The question is how to make a hack to enable a media player. The DLNA server (specifically the PS3 media server) properly "see" UT30E as a DLNA player, and even put a lovely picture of plasma TVs.
    This would mean, probably, that is deactivated by software. Not to be lazy, I enter the service menu TV. There is a lot of options. I'm not a total beginer, so I understand that you can make a color adjustment, white balance, define the limits of individual voltage and maximum values &#8203;&#8203;of excitation ...
    Auxiliary function setting (service tools ...), but I'm intrigued by what has 4 screen options that are defined as 0 or 1
    So, I get a service manual for an older plasma, because of this I haven't found and realized that these options could be just what I'm seeking, similar to the LG, but there is no explanation of what that means 0 or 1
    Mainly on the older plasma, using these zeros and ones defining the specific parameters and functions such as:
    Is the tone priority PAL or PAL G or NTSC... Overscan is there or not ... display size (42 or 50) ....
    So I wonder whether someone might have service manual of this TV, because if DLNA is active on the network, it may be made only to DLNA player does not show on the strip Viera Tools.
    Second
    Since I could not find a serice manual for ut30e, I took firmware for Australian ut30a, and considering that they have the same standard PAL B / G, DVB-T, although only MPEG-2, but according to the specification of Panasonic, supports MPEG4, so I will install this firmware. That was without sucess.
    Error 0013, verify the file ....
    Error 0013 usually means that the file is not suitable for this model
    Third
    If no one has the service manual, nor an easy way to upgrade firmware, it might simple logic could be used, and it would be next:
    To find the most similar model that has DLNA or maybe the best UT30 with DLNA support and see how to distinguish between those 0 and 1 in the options in the service model (there are a total of 4), so that risks and try to change some to see what would happen (or a new TV went to a junkyard, so I have to buy UT50 who has DLNA or maybe again only for Australia)
    And Panasonic could be a little smarter, so that service manual can "escape" as the LG service instructions, and to increase sales by 10,000% since the TV is so good. Is it to expensive to pay every option 100&#321; or more.
    Thanks in advance everyone who can help in "hacking" UT30, and I believe that the S30 and the same thing.
    Leo.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  24. leopol

leopol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo it is Leo again. I wonder is there possibility to unlock menus for DLNA in UT30E or UT30B in same way as Gamma menu in G10.

I have already checked editor is working on UT30E, as well as on S30, so please if somebody have DLNA enabled 3D TV send us your values for line address 40 in your TV.

Here is manual how to enter into hex editor and modify values, but be very careful.

A Guide To Modifying A UK Panasonic G10 Plasma Television

To Obtain Advanced Controls Including Gamma!

Let's get this part out of the way: Attempting this modification to your television could lead to your being left with a non-functioning unit with no recourse to the manufacturer.

N.B. This is only tested on a TX-PXXG10B (XX refers to the screen size and is irrelevant).

I'll try and make this as easy as possible, but, if at any time during the process you have second thoughts, don't panic! The only time you have done anything you can't go back on is during the reboot of the television!
    If possible you should print out this document before starting the following process!

Step 1: Accessing The 'SERVICE' Menu. Hold down the 'V-' button on the side of the television (it's the 3rd one from the top), while at the same time pressing '0' (zero) on the remote control three times. You should soon be faced with the screen below (don't worry that the colours have become overblown and garish; the television automatically switches to ‘Dynamic' picture mode when accessing the service menu):

Step 2: Entering The 'SRV-TOOL'. Use the '1' and '2' buttons on the remote to navigate up and down the sub-menus in the 'SERVICE' menu. In this case you only need to press '2' once to get to the 'SRV-TOOL':
    Press 'OK' to enter the next menu. You should now be faced with this table:
    Navigate to the top right hand cell with one press of the '>' (right) directional Button on the remote control. Then hold down the 'MUTE' button for a few seconds and the cell should change to say 'Memory Editor'. Press 'OK' to access the menu. You should now be faced with this:

Step 3: EEPROM(Peaks). On the top left hand side of the Memory Editor you'll see four areas of memory that are accessible. You only want to enter the EEPROM(Peaks) area. Do so by pressing the 'V' (down) directional button until it's highlighted, then press the 'OK' button to access the menu.

Step 4: The Edit. You should now be looking at this:
    It's line 40 that you want to alter. Again use the 'V' (down) directional button to get to line 0000040 (press 8 times). Your line 40 should have an 03 at value 6 (the 6th pair of charaters from the left). It should read like this although value 8 will vary depending on your screen size, but it's irrelevant!
    19 06 19 00 31 03 02 20
    Use the '>' (right) directional button to highlight it (press 5 times). Using either 'VOL+' or 'VOL-' on the remote control, you want to change the 03 value to 20. The values you scroll through are hexidecimal and therefore alphanumeric (0-9 and A-F). Any mistake here is extremely likely to stop your television working, which will require an expensive repair! Once you are satisfied that your line 40 is now reading this, press 'OK' to save.
    19 06 19 00 31 20 02 20
    Step 5: Reboot. Simply press 'EXIT' on the remote control twice and then once back in the 'SRV-TOOL' hold 'EXIT' down for several seconds until the television reboots. At this point you'll either have some exciting new menus or a broken television. I'll let you discover all the new menus yourself
    I Wish You Luck!
    Remember:
    IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK!

25. abRoncs

abRoncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    @leopol

mine is a ut30e model
    line 40: 19 08 19 00 71 39 02 20

would be great to find some new features...

26. reaper12

reaper12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    did anyone try this yet? I am too afraid :)

Oh, good information Leo, thanks for posting it.

27. mejinuf

mejinuf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    will black levels get better after the break in period?

28. mejinuf

mejinuf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Did you get to the bottom of this problem? im in your exact same situation but im using an Msi gtx 570 as gpu, in another thread someone said that the UT30 can go up to a 200hz refresh rate, im confused.

29. Vintorlok

Vintorlok
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I'm just a new buyer of this Plasma, concretely the TX-P42UT30; and I'm looking for some 3d Glasses I can achieve without having to sell my car.
    ¿Have you found any pair of 3D Glasses which do their intended rol as the orignal Panasonic ones?
    I don't want to waste my time and money, trying the chepaest models, before buying the correct ones.

And also, after a few months of use like yours, ¿do they deserve the money you spent on buying them?
    I've only payed 299&#8364;, so I'm sure it won't dissapoint me, but to wait until the arrivement is the worst ever!!!

Thanks for all. ;)

30. The_scotster

The_scotster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone managed to find the DLNA menu yet? As has been said already PMS finds my TV no bother but the TV side functionality is disabled.