Panasonic TX-P42ST50B - No analogue channel sound

moyorakkhi

Standard Member
Hello,

My TV has Freeview tuner. After purchasing the TV from UK I bought it back to Bangladesh. Now I'm not getting any sound from any of the analogue stations. After doing some research online, I found that analogue tuner of this TV is set to PAL I. And I need to switch to PAL B/G to get it working. How can I switch it to PAL B/G? There's nothing is TV settings menu or in the manual regarding this.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards,
Saif

Last edited:

moyorakkhi

Standard Member
Thanks for the response George. Well, sorry to know that :( I'm sent an email to Panasonic UK support. Lets see if they can provide any solution.

Mirheldt

Novice Member
Unfortunately, there's nothin' you can do about it, nor can panasonic. U can either physically change the internal tuner for the one that is fully compatible in your country or u can use and external tuner in form of set top box. Check this explanation on wikipedia.

PAL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How to convert from PAL I to PAL B/G

P.S. your TV has a digital tuner called Freeview which is nothin else just a poncey name for DVB-T standard in UK, but you may have end up with same or similar problems even with a digital broadcasting receiving. So you better check out, what's available in your country in terms of broadcasting specifications or what will be a broadcasting standard in future and then decide what to do.

moyorakkhi

Standard Member
Thanks Mirheldt. You are right. Panasonic support got back to me and they are saying it's not possible. I resolved the problem by using set top box.

wasel

Novice Member
Hi Saif
I have the similar problem with Panasonic bought from Uk for my parents in Bangladesh. Can you please give a little more details about the set top box which fixed your problem? You can email me at [email protected].

Best wishes
Wasel

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom