Question Panasonic TX- P42GT50 - buzzing getting worse

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Zaichik, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +682
    I have had the above TV since 2012. As with many plasmas, it has always buzzed occasionally on bright scenes, but just recently it has been getting much worse. The buzzing is much louder and more frequent. Last weekend's Doctor Who episode, which featured a lot of scenes in bright white sets, was really hard to watch because of all the buzzing. On my wife's Russian satellite TV, it is almost constant.

I was hoping to use the problem as a pretext to upgrade to a 4K set but the "accountant" is having none of it, so I need to find a fix before it drives me insane. Is there a solution I can try myself or do I have to call in an engineer?

2. thewhofan

thewhofan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    I have the same TV and mine is also getting worse but so is my hearing so I don't always notice it. I did a bit of reading up on this a while back and there was talk about some screws that need tightening behind the back cover that cured buzzing for some people but I didn't want to risk opening mine up and to be honest I think it's more likely the PSU.

3. clifty99

clifty99
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've got the 50" model and it's buzzed since I got it. I did actually take the back off and tighten up the screws but unfortunately it didn't help. You'll either need to figure what part is causing it and look for a replacement or try to live with it. Mine doesn't bother me so much anymore. Moved house so the TV is in a different position. Speakers up a bit and you don't notice unless a white screen comes on during complete silence.