• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-P42G20B power on

raydawson

I've just bought the Panasonic TX-P42G20B and am very pleased with it. There is however one slight funny which I would like advice on.

When I turn on the TV with the power button on the remote, although the red light on the TV flashes when I briefly press the power button, it doesn't turn on unless I hold the remote button down for a few seconds. The red light on the TV then continually flashes red and goes to flashing green before turning on.

Is this normal? I had expected to just press the red button once, see the red light flash in response and then turn on - not have to hold the button down for a while.

I can't find any information in the manual so just an 'it's OK' or 'it's not OK' would be useful.

Cheers,

Ray D

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Yes completely normal, it's to prevent unintentional turning on by a child :)

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Yes completely normal, it's to prevent unintentional turning on by a child :)

Its exactly the same when powering off too, for exactly the same reason accidental touches.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom