Panasonic TX-P42G20B Hard Drive Issue

Diverdav1980

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, had my plasma for almost 12 months now and also bought a Western Digital 1TB hard drive to record to. Everything has been going great and on Saturday i recorded the F1 qualifying whilst i was out and watched it later that day. The drive has 90% free space still. Last night i tried recording a film but it came up with a USB HDD error.

I cycled the power on both the hard drive and tv and the tv always shows 'USB HDD recognized' in the bottom right hand corner of the display but i cannot access it for playback or select it for record.

I went into the setup menu on the TV and this is where i am lost. Even with the HDD disconnected, the TV shows the HDD in the USB list, and then when i connect it, it shows up twice but not as a registered device. If i therefore delete the current HDD or register it again as a new HDD, will i lose all the programs i have stored on the device?? I have hours worth of programs recorded and i would hate to lose them. If anyone could help or shred some light for me, i would most grateful.

PS. I believe i have the latest firmware installed....version 2.703.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Last edited:
Does anyone know if i can copy the data off the HDD, re-register it to the TV, and then add the data back? From reading up, i would have to use a unix OS like Ubuntu, of which i have access to, to mount the HDD as windows wont recognize the drive.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom