Panasonic TX-P42G20,Viera TX-P42S20B or PANASONIC TX-P42U20B

jen09

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know I have picked a very wide range of tvs to compare but I hope you can help.

Basically we want a good all round tv to watch movies, sport and xbox gaming.

We don't have much experience or knowledge of using the more advanced features on higher spec tvs so would it be worth paying the extra?

I need to know which tv would provide for good/great picture viewing at the cheapest price.

Panasonic TX-P42G20 £699,Viera TX-P42S20B £539 both with 5yr guarantees or would the cheaper option easily meet my needs, PANASONIC TX-P42U20B at £449?

Money is a little short:rolleyes:

AAArgh, really fed up looking at reviews now :lease:
xx

If you have the money, go for the G20

The U20 is poverty spec so I'd avoid it

+1 The G20 is worth the extra. If you can fit a 50'' look at the LG PK590, its a good alternative to the G20 and IMHO better than the S20.

42G20 is £599 at richer sounds, and add 10% for the 5 year warranty. It's what I went for :)

42G20 is £599 at richer sounds, and add 10% for the 5 year warranty. It's what I went for :)

Yeah, I am on the verge of the G20 - prob from Richer Sounds too, but could be possible that the local Panasonic Dealer will price match, and I think they offer free 5 yr guarantees!

Thanks for that. Will have a look at richersounds now.:thumbsup:

Yeah, I am on the verge of the G20 - prob from Richer Sounds too, but could be possible that the local Panasonic Dealer will price match, and I think they offer free 5 yr guarantees!

I got the 42G2 last week, an excellent decision. Yes, my local Panasonic dealer price matched the RS price ( which inc. the 5 year warranty). I just prefered to get it from the 'source' as it were!! That way I know if there were any problems they would be the main men to sort it out for me!

If you have the money, go for the G20

The U20 is poverty spec so I'd avoid it

I can see you use Plasmas....I already know the issues they have...I see they have lots of pixel squares on the screen doesnt that take away from the picture detail?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom