Panasonic TX-P42G20,Viera TX-P42S20B or PANASONIC TX-P42U20B

jen09

Standard Member
Hi all,

I know I have picked a very wide range of tvs to compare but I hope you can help.

Basically we want a good all round tv to watch movies, sport and xbox gaming.

We don't have much experience or knowledge of using the more advanced features on higher spec tvs so would it be worth paying the extra?

I need to know which tv would provide for good/great picture viewing at the cheapest price.

Panasonic TX-P42G20 £699,Viera TX-P42S20B £539 both with 5yr guarantees or would the cheaper option easily meet my needs, PANASONIC TX-P42U20B at £449?

Money is a little short:rolleyes:

AAArgh, really fed up looking at reviews now :lease:
xx

vickster

Distinguished Member
If you have the money, go for the G20

The U20 is poverty spec so I'd avoid it

Red Jedi

42G20 is £599 at richer sounds, and add 10% for the 5 year warranty. It's what I went for :)
Yeah, I am on the verge of the G20 - prob from Richer Sounds too, but could be possible that the local Panasonic Dealer will price match, and I think they offer free 5 yr guarantees!

teutonik

Standard Member
Yeah, I am on the verge of the G20 - prob from Richer Sounds too, but could be possible that the local Panasonic Dealer will price match, and I think they offer free 5 yr guarantees!

I got the 42G2 last week, an excellent decision. Yes, my local Panasonic dealer price matched the RS price ( which inc. the 5 year warranty). I just prefered to get it from the 'source' as it were!! That way I know if there were any problems they would be the main men to sort it out for me!

Blademanx

Standard Member
If you have the money, go for the G20

The U20 is poverty spec so I'd avoid it
I can see you use Plasmas....I already know the issues they have...I see they have lots of pixel squares on the screen doesnt that take away from the picture detail?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom