Panasonic TX-P42G15B no longer works

Dhowell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a pretty big problem today me and my family were watching the world cup (England woo!!) they game had finished when all of a sudden we heard a loud bang and the TV went off. The TV no longer comes back on and we are left with a £900 TV that doesn't work.
Having contacted various engineers about the problem they ask the question about flashing red lights, in my case we get 5 flashing lights in sequence.
Does anyone know what this means? Is it easy to solve i.e. the TV doesn't need to be taken away

Hey fella found this on another website and thought it might help you, I have no idea how valid it is so make of it what you will !

OK, since I started this whole blog trail a couple weeks back, I figured I should weigh in. I checked multiple web/blog sites for this blinking light power issue with Panasonic plasmas. I came across the following breakdown of "blinking light" power problem identifiers:

============================================================ ===========
BLINKS PROBLEM MALFUNCTIONING PART
============================================================ ===========

1 blink STV 5v sense DG Board

2 blinks 15v SOS D Board

3 blinks 3.3v SOS D Board

4 blinks Power SOS P Board

5 blinks 5v SOS D Board

6 blinks Driver SOS 1 SU / SD / SC Boards
(SC energy recovery circuit)

7 blinks Driver SOS 2 SU / SD / SS Boards
(SC floating voltage area)

8 blinks Driver SOS 3 SS Board
(SS energy recovery circuit)

9 blinks Panel Config. SOS

10 blinks Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board
DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS

11 blinks Fan SOS PB Board

12 blinks Sound SOS H Board

13 blinks Communication error DG Board
with IC8001 (Pesks Lite 2)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully this problem is easy to fix.

Hi,

I have a Panasonic 42" S10, and guess what same happened to my TV 1 week ago! It is something to do with a board in the TV, phoned Comet up, where we both said what the problem was, engineer came out today to fix it (I thought) he said the same as me and has ordered the part. Now have to wait another week for it to be fixed!!!!

Very cross, called Comet explaining how displeased I was as was expecting it to be fixed today and how both my kids wake up at 0530hrs and watch TV and she was very rude and said why do they need to depend on the TV can't they go outside and play (mmmm not at 0530hrs and they are 3 and 6 yrs old). She then said her kids were up at that time cleaing horses out!! Not only that you could hear there staff cheering during the football, so I expressed my disatisfaction and have sent them various emails. However clled the store where I bought it from and they were helpful, saying they will try and get it fixed quicker and also try and get a loan TV (but will find out tomorrow if this happens).

Thing is the TV is only 7 months old!!!! Just worried it may happen again after it's been fixed, would rather have a new TV!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom