• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-P42G15B connecting to laptop

BOUMSONG

Guys, I have a msi 780 laptop and when I connect via HDMI the tv screen sn't display correctly. The sides, top and bottom are cropped off. You can't for example see the windows sign at the bottom left for the start menu.

The exact same thing happens on my Dad's ACER laptop, so it must be something to do with the TV. The TV is 1080p and full HD. My laptop is currently set to 1080p too. Any ideas? I've tried changing the aspect ratios, the tele isnt on zoom or anything.

mikej

Is there an overscan option on the G15 ?

If it's on, then that will have the effect of zooming in the picture slightly. Try turning it off.

mikej

It's likely to be on by default in some modes (or perhaps some inputs) and not in others.

If you change it now, it should remember for next time.

I tend to have overscan off for most of the time, but it can be useful to get rid of the garbage code you sometimes get along the top of the screen when watching certain TV channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom