Panasonic TX-P42G10B - Possible screen burn?

Rick1980

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys could offer some assistance. Bought said tv just a little over two months ago and last night when watching a blu-ray i noticed that i was getting a ghost like image of my pc desktop showing whenever the picture was light. I hooked the pc up to the telly when i bought it but it wasn't turned on last night when i noticed this. Now i can't stop noticing it! It isn't going away and it has a slightly pink tinge where the screen shows areas of white.

Is this screen burn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:lease:

Plasmas don't make good computer monitors,the image retention should fade,it make take anythink from hours to weeks of watching normal tv.:(

Thanks for the advice, PETE Heg. Since i bought it i've been using it for watching blu-ray/dvds, gaming(ps3), watching tv and pc stuff. I guess it's back to using my old monitor with my pc.

If it doesn't fade would it be possible to have it repaired/replaced. Say in six to eight months if it is still the same, would i be able to have it looked at under the years guarantee that it comes with? My biggest fear is that i've knackered my nice shiny new telly already.:(

What picture settings were you using with the PC?

^ Normal viewing mode. I havn't messed with the contrast,brightness,colour or sharpness. The colour balance is also normal. Eco mode is switched off and i have not touched the advance pc settings.

Try using the Tv's untuned channel signal on it for a few hours. Sounds imo like you've damaged it tho.

I only hooked it up to the pc a couple of weeks ago, and it certainly hasn't seen excesive use! The untuned channel signal? Do you mean just a screen with static on it?

Last edited:
I only hooked up the pc to it a couple of weeks ago, and it certainly hasn't seen excesive use! The untuned channel signal? Do you mean just a screen with static on it?

Yes, static should do the job and resolve any problems

Thats the one :smashin:

I hope you do not mind me hijacking this post. I am thinking about purchasing this set and I am concerned about if you can get screen burn when watching Sky that has the red button on the screen and other things that appear on sky.

Sorry for the silly question but I am not sure if you can turn this off.....

Thanks

Make certain you have the box selected and not your tv and press backup.

That'll remove the red dot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom