Panasonic TX-L47ET60B banding or lighting issues

steveandlisa

Standard Member
I own the Panasonic TX-L47ET60B and wanted to find out if other owners are having the same issue as me?
All in all I love this TV and the 3D visuals on this are breathtaking. I do have one niggle with it though and thats when it pans over a consistant colour. Like a light blue sky or a green football pitch. When it pans you can see banding down the tv screen, like a slightly darker shadow? Is it the way the LED lighting is lit through the panel? It only is ever noticible when it pans and you cannot see this when the shot is stationary.
Anyone else seen this? I was looking at buying the TX-L55ET61B for the lounge, but I am not sure?
Any better 55inch TV's out there for £900

Barrovian

If you search the forums, you will see this issue cropping up time and time again. You are right, it's a 'feature' of edge lit LCD TV's. I have the 47FT60 and it has slight banding, but nowhere near as bad as a Philips set I had. That was like watching tv from behind bars. Almost all makes suffer from it one way or another, it's a lottery whether or not you get a good one. You could change the set and get one much much worse.

bladerfc

Novice Member
If you search the forums, you will see this issue cropping up time and time again. You are right, it's a 'feature' of edge lit LCD TV's. I have the 47FT60 and it has slight banding, but nowhere near as bad as a Philips set I had. That was like watching tv from behind bars. Almost all makes suffer from it one way or another, it's a lottery whether or not you get a good one. You could change the set and get one much much worse.

bladerfc

Novice Member
Might sound daft but I end up focusing on the lines rather than the game I take it this won't be classed as a fault?

Barrovian

Might sound daft but I end up focusing on the lines rather than the game I take it this won't be classed as a fault?
It's very much a subjective thing. Not so much a fault, more a limit of the technology I'm afraid. If it bothers you to such an extent that it spoils your enjoyment of the set and you are still in a position to return the set, then do so. But be aware that any replacement 'could' be better, but it also could be much, much worse. Then you have to factor in the chances that your replacement set could suffer from dead/stuck pixels, light bleed... :( Not an ideal situation, but that's the price we pay for cheaper goods I suppose.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom