Panasonic TX-L42E5B HDMI over cat6 problems

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by nbjp03, Aug 8, 2012.

1. nbjp03

nbjp03
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the Panasonic TX-l42E5B for the bedroom with the intention to run the Sky HD signal from lounge through a splitter and HD Connectivity extenders to the Panny.
    Initially all I saw on the screen was a prompt of 'wide' and auto appear on the top left corner. This was similar for any HDMI input. I then connected the PS3 directly to the tv which functioned ok and 1080P/60Hz was displayed. I then reduced the resolution to 720p on the PS3 which operated and was automatically detected when run though the HDMI over cat6 extender. I then increased this to 1080i which also was detected. However once I turned the device off the tv failed to detect an input and display it on the screen. I have since identified by disconnecting the transmitter end cat6 cables and reconnecting them the display returns.
    I have had no problems with the extenders when I set up the system with my old Samsung in the living room and have also checked the cat6 cable run by setting up the PS3 in the bedroom back to the Samsung in the lounge.
    Can anyone suggest a possible function I can access to rectify the problem as it appears there is no menu function to select the resolution on the Panasonic? Outside of this the Panasonic works fine when inputs are directly connected.