Panasonic TX-L39B6B picture setting question?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Meyrick Man, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Meyrick Man

Meyrick Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    Hope someone can help me out with a picture setting on the above tv.

In Option Settings i can't seem to access 'Film Cadence Mode' it's set to off but i want to change
    it to on.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,507
    It is a deinterlacing feature hence it is not available for progressive sources. Feed something in say 1080i and it should become available :)

3. Meyrick Man

Meyrick Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    Thanks will give it a go with something.

4. natasa

natasa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May I ask about your Panasonic?

I am thinking to buy the 50" model TX-L50B6 with the alpha ips panel. Does the 39" use the alpha or the LG one?
    Are you satisfied from the tv? Does it suffer for clouding or any other ips problem?

I have posted a question here: 42" - 50" not for gaming and sports! | AVForums

5. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,026
    I it helps I own both a 39E6B in my conservatory and a 50E6B in my living room. I've fully calibrated both using Chromapure and an i1D3Pro sensor, so they have a near identical picture on both sets. I don't know which panel they use, but subjectively they just seem like different sized versions of the TV now they're calibrated.

My 39E6B has a very faint lighter patch in the centre of the screen if viewed at a very oblique angle in a dark room while displaying a black background (ie I don't see this in the conservatory, only noticed it when I 'borrowed' it for the living room before the 50E6B arrived). However the TV automatically turns the backlight off on a fully black image, so it's very hard to make this issue visible, which explains why I only saw it after 8 months of ownership.

The 50E6B has very slightly darker corners when an all white test pattern is shown, but it's not something that stands out on most typical content.

I don't know what 'ips' problems might be (my focus is more on my projector for critical viewing) but I don't game or watch sport (other than F1) so perhaps we have similar requirements. I also briefly owned a 47ET61 which I returned due to poor black levels and that my particular example had poor uniformity, the 50E6B is much better in this regard with no obvious signs of pink or green patches with a full screen white test pattern.

Hope this is of some help. :)

6. natasa

natasa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you KelvinS1965

I already own a 42E6 which has the same panel as yours. I like this one but it has very bad viewing angles! That 's why I am looking to find a similar (but bigger) tv but with wider viewing angles.

My question is about 50B6 which is quite a different animal...

7. castaway666

castaway666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm thinking about picking up the 39" model for PS3 now and PS4 when it finally arrives!!
    Whats the motion blur like for this model?

cheers in advance.