Panasonic TX L37U3B very bad screen flicker

stu646

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, had this tv now for a couple of years and always noticed the problem but seems to be getting worse by the day now.

When watching TV or a blu-ray quite often we notice the screen flicker, sometimes it will only do it a few times during a film but more often than not it will happen quite a lot making it near unwatchable. It is hard to explain how it looks but for example you could watch a scene at night and the screen would be flickering from dark to a bit lighter, but really quickly. Does the same for day scenes to.

Also this happens either watching through the built in freeview or when watching a blu-ray film with a Panosonic blu-ray player. Now I could plug the blu-ray player in to my Samsung tv in the other room and play the very same film and have no screen flicker at all.

As this tv has been out a while now I just wondered if this was a common problem and if there was ever a fix. If not I might as well just through the heap of shite out of the window.

Hi, had this tv now for a couple of years and always noticed the problem but seems to be getting worse by the day now.

When watching TV or a blu-ray quite often we notice the screen flicker, sometimes it will only do it a few times during a film but more often than not it will happen quite a lot making it near unwatchable. It is hard to explain how it looks but for example you could watch a scene at night and the screen would be flickering from dark to a bit lighter, but really quickly. Does the same for day scenes to.

Also this happens either watching through the built in freeview or when watching a blu-ray film with a Panosonic blu-ray player. Now I could plug the blu-ray player in to my Samsung tv in the other room and play the very same film and have no screen flicker at all.

As this tv has been out a while now I just wondered if this was a common problem and if there was ever a fix. If not I might as well just through the heap of poope out of the window.

Maybe Panasonic LCD TX-L37U3B FBr Fluctating Brightness | AVForums
will help?

Already had a look at that and all our firmware is up to date, yet the problem is still there.

Never buy a Panasonic again after this, worst TV I have ever had. Even my old Lexor TV worked better than this, truly awful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom