• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-L37ET5B problem connecting to Sony DVD

anwright

Standard Member
I have recently purchased a Panasonic TX-L37ET5B & connected my old Sony DVS recorder to the HDMI1 connector.

Every evening at either 1950hrs, 2020hrs or 2050hrs the TV seems to switch to the HDMI1 external connector. A brief message appears saying "EC HDMI1", the screen goes blank but the power button stays green. The DVD recorder is not switched on, but the set behaves as if I've pressed the AV input button. By pressing the TV input all is restored to normal.

The Timer settings are all set to off.

Any suggestions? The Panasonic service engineer who came out to look can only suggest taking the TV in to their workshop, but I think it is something to do with the DVD recorder.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
It's possible the DVDR may be looking for a software update...check your user manual and see if you can disable this.
Other than that, try the DVDR in a different HDMI input or remove it's HDMI connection and connect by scart lead and see if it still occurs.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom