Panasonic TX-L37E30B & DT30

Boothmeister

Standard Member
I've been looking at the above television but I get bogged by some of the reviews. The DT30 gets lots of good reviews by reputable groups but them all they state that it's black levels are poor? How can a tv with such an issue gain such high regard in the reviews or is it just that it's not as major an issue as I think?

Could anyone who owns one give me a real world opinion on the issue before I splash out loads of coin. I understand a tv won't be perfect for that money but I want the best I can get for the amount.

Also am I correct in thinking that the DT30 and E30B are identical units if your discount the 3D function. The E30B doesn't seem to come out as well in the reviews?

Thanks and all input appreciated.

AlandEi

Novice Member
I have only owned the TX-L37E30B for a few days, and am very happy with all aspects of this set.We found the picture too bright and saturated out of the box, but after making adjustments in the menu, as posted on this page of the owners topic... http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-...l32e30b-l37e30b-l42e30b-owners-thread-15.html now have the picture to our liking.

Our viewing is mostly Freeview SD and DVDs also SD, and the upscaling on this set is excellent, even old black and white footage is a great improvement on our old CRT set... The sound on this slim set is also very acceptable, due to the larger speakers accomodated in the fatter lower section.

Alan.

AlandEi

Novice Member
Not at all, as I mentioned, the whites were blinding at first, but with brightness turned down to approx 40%, the blacks are very impressive on this set.

I think these sets vary in build quality, as faults reported by some owners are not apparent on this one.

Alan.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom