Panasonic TX-L37E30B - £550 with 5-year warranty

dk143

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does that sound like a good deal to you guys? I know it's £490 in amazon, but with only a 1 year guarantee.

Seems to generally have favourable expert and user reviews, and £550 for it with 5 years guarantee is the best I can find.

Should I go for it?!

Yes I called Richer Sounds who said is was £520, plus 10% extra if I wanted a 5-year guarantee.

So £550, which I saw on the House of Fraser website, seemed like a good deal to me, but have been shot down a bit on another site I posted this on!

Shot down how?

Hmm, well I don't think £60 for 5 years peace of mind is bad at all. I would be inclined to wait for the sales as it is possible the price will fall. Backlight bleed is a risk with any LCD or edgelit LED-LCD.

Who wants a cheap 3D TV??

If you like the TV and the deal is right for you, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I don't think there is a better 37" out these? That said, my brother and I have bought a 40D5520 for parents at Xmas from JL for £528 (less brother's partner discount) - they will be over the moon with it I am sure :) Also, hoping price comes down a little in the sales so we get a few more quid back

Well I've managed to get JL to price match. If I understand correctly, I can contact them again within 28 days if the price goes down any further? If that's the case, I don't need to wait for the sales do I?

Yes I've seen that Samsung, but I'd got the impression from all the various reviews that the Panasonic was better?!

It'll suit my folks perfectly, they really won't go looking for any issues, as long as the sound is ok as they are both rather deaf :D It got 4 stars from HD TV test

Yes, if JL bring the price down within 28 days you can get a reduction. I dk if you can get another price match against someone else retrospectively

As vickster mentioned, this set was on RS for £489-99 last week, + 10% if you wanted their 5 year warranty ... £539-98, which JL were happy to price match retrospectively. so £550-00 with a 5 year warranty is not a bad deal, you are still getting that set for £500-00, a lot less than folks were paying three months ago.

Alan.

Edit, just read your link, one hated it and one loved it... may be a quality control issue, as ours is excellent with no sign of backlight bleed, nice colours, deep blacks, no motion blur ect.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom