Panasonic TX-L37D25B ARC not working

guitarwizard93

Novice Member
Hi all,

First post, also my first time playing with ARC, so I'm very conscious I might be missing something stupid here...

I bought a soundbar that has a HDMI/ARC input, to connect to my Panasonic TX-L37D25B TV. No matter what I do, it will not work! I've connected the soundbar with a standard HDMI lead to the HDMI2/ARC connection on the TV as everything suggests I should. I've been through all the Viera options I can find, but nothing will send audio to the soundbar. The closest menu I can find is when pressing the "Viera Link" button on the remote there's an option to select either "TV" or "Home Theatre" under "Speaker Selection". However every time I select "Home Theatre", it immediately defaults back to "TV", it doesn't even output audio for the brief moment the selection sticks.

Under the "sound" section of the main menu there appears to be no option to select audio outputs or anything relating to ARC. The manual is also entirely useless on the matter, so I'm hoping someone here might have some useful input! (Manual attached as pdf)

I have the option of connecting with an optical cable but the point of buying this particular soundbar was for the ARC connectivity.

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• txl42d25.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 77

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom