Panasonic TX-L32G10B - lost sound on SCART

phoenix1963

Standard Member
Hi all, I've just bought a TX-L32G10B and (despite some of the reviews) I'm pretty pleased with the results, particularly the Freesat HD without any bother. However two problems have emerged and I'd be grateful for ideas:

The Scart input from an ageing DVD player was working fine, but then I played some content from a laptop over the HDMI1 port (after figuring out how to switch the laptop sound output to HDMI from these forums - thanks!) and now there's no sound from the DVD player via the Scart input - picture is fine. Any ideas?

Also, from the start, when switching from the Freesat mode on the TV to AV input from Scart (before the above problem), there was considerable sound bleed across from the Freesat channel to the AV (Scart) viewing.

Does the TV have a fault? Has playing over the HDMI1 port confused it? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance,
phoenix1963

phoenix1963

Standard Member
Well, after plugging-in the HDMI cable from the laptop, then switching back to the Scart input, Lo! The Scart sound re-emerges! Problem solved, for now.
Mysterious,
phoenix1963

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom