• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-L32D25B v TX-L32D28 series differences

C

clockwork67

Hi - Does anyone know the differences between these 2 - the TX-L32D25B v TX-L32D28 - the specs on the panasonic website seem identical

crocked1977

Standard Member
The main difference seems to be the styling.

I found this which shows differences in the smaller size models (addtional ipod dock).

VIERA Line-up Comparison (LCD) | PRODUCT | 2010 EU | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

I also found this mentioned on a website

Panasonic Unveils V20, D25, and D28 HDTV Series

"The D28 and D25 series are very similar. In fact, the only significant difference is that the D28 offers ISFccc calibration and a few photo features."

For me the screens and picture quality are the same. The major difference in style are the colours and the fact the D28 is at angle when on it's stand instead of being straight.

I can guess what this colour calibration does but don't know how useful it is. I thought for photos both use vieracast and dnla so this seems a bit strange so I don't know if it's accurate.

crocked1977

Standard Member
Taken from What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision - Blogs

D28
• IPS LED LCD
• Full HD (32in and 37in only, others HD-ready)
• Wide Viewing Angle with IPS Panel
• Dynamic Contrast 2,000,000:1
• Intelligent Scene Controller (32in and 37in only)
• 200 Backlight blinking Intelligent Frame Creation Pro (32in and 37in only)
• Motion Focus Technology (32in and 37in only)
• 24p Smooth Film (32in and 37in only)
• Freeview HD (32in and 37in only)
• Freesat HD (32in and 37in only)
• VIERA CAST (32in and 37in only)
• DLNA certified (32in and 37in only)
• USB Terminals for Wireless LAN Adaptor, Keyboard and HDD Recording (32in and 37in only)
• iPod dock (19in and 22in only)
• 1.5-inch profile
• Photo frame design and variety of colour options

D25

• IPS LED LCD
• Wide Viewing Angle with IPS Panel
• Dynamic Contrast 2,000,000:1
• Intelligent Scene Controller
• 200 Backlight blinking Intelligent Frame Creation Pro
• Motion Focus Technology
• 24p Smooth Film
• Freeview HD
• Freesat HD
• VIERA CAST
• DLNA certified
• USB Terminals for Wireless LAN Adaptor, Keyboard and HDD Recording
• 1.5-inch profile

This seems to confirm that the difference is only the styling and the pedestal. I'm guessing the picture features they were talking abiut were the "Photo Frame Design" :)

C

clockwork67

thanks for that - now I'm off to see if I can locate one in Milton Keynes for circa £600 with 5 year guarantee :) - currrently got a price match request in with John Lewis against directtvs 587 - and have seen it in panasonic shop for 649 on Christmas eve - plenty of places have it for £599 without guarantee though :(

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom