Panasonic TX**CX700 Owners Thread

sam786

Established Member
Reaction score
21205-3.jpg

CX700: elegant metal design and vivid 4K UHD (40-, 50-, 55-, and 65-inch)

- 4K UHD LED TV with 800Hz BMR – stunning motion clarity with brilliant contrast for an exciting viewing experience

- Studio Master Drive – delivers more accurate colours and enhances the picture processing for outstanding viewing

- Wide Colour Phosphor Panel

- Local Dimming – provides deep blacks and fine dark gradations

- Active 3D

- Super Bright Panel – delivers outstanding brightness thanks to the advanced panel for enhanced viewing

- my Home Screen 2.0 (Firefox) – a new, intuitive, look-and-feel provides an easy access to all your favourite content

Getting delivered tomorrow the 40" model via Currys, as this is a Currys/PCWorld exclusive

So far i'm pleased with this set, standard def looks good, black levels are solid and colours are nice and bright, slight clouding on bottom left edge of screen only notice if you go up close, most of the apps arent working at the mo and no freeview play yet as this tv has just released...more pics coming soon!

ImageUploadedByAVForums1428517207.375542.jpg

ImageUploadedByAVForums1428517233.977352.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAVForums1428517223.209564.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAVForums1428517223.209564.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 1,467
Last edited:
Nice tv, is the screen glossy or matte?? Can't really tell from your pictures.

Glossy, remote also has a dedicated netflix button. However netflix does not load as the apps aren't working yet which is a shame as I wanted to test 4k videos.

theres definetly no tearing may be from the camera phone

No matter how much a tv costs you'll always find lil faults especially if they are edge lit, black levels are very good, clouding barely noticeable however I've put the adaptive backlight control onto max as this proves more effective in control of black levels
ImageUploadedByAVForums1428598747.414736.jpg

There's not much point in doing this unless the frame speed of what's displayed on the TV matches the frame speed of the device used to capture the video!

The intelligent frame creation was set on max when taken this vid

Well Sam, you've just proved my point.

The frame speed of what your seeing on the TV is 50Hz (25.000 fps) and you've captured it on your iPhone at 60Hz (60.000fps)... However, when you download the .mp4 file from YouTube it's 60Hz at 30.000fps!

Bear in mind I'm still unable to test Freeview Play, Netflix and Youtube as they aren't working yet, also Panasonics touchpad remotes aren't compatible so you can only use the supplied silver remote which I'm hoping will be fixed via software update.

Bear in mind I'm still unable to test Freeview Play, Netflix and Youtube as they aren't working yet...
Out of interest, are you connecting via WiFi or hard-wired ethernet?

Sufficed to say, you'll need to use a 'hard-wired' connection if you want to stream 4K...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom