PANASONIC TX - AMAZON PRIME - NO SOUND

Ericthepenguin

Novice Member
Hi

Can someone help.

I have just watched some tennis on Amazon prime, no issue with the sound. However I have just started to watch a film on Amazon prime and suddenly no sound atall. Any suggestions?

Regards

Eric

bingodisco

Hi

Can someone help.

I have just watched some tennis on Amazon prime, no issue with the sound. However I have just started to watch a film on Amazon prime and suddenly no sound atall. Any suggestions?

Regards

Eric

Are you listening through the speakers on the TV or is the sound routed through an amplifier of some kind?

Ericthepenguin

Novice Member
Hi

I am listening through a separate speaker from the TV's. I can hear the sound on the Tennis and Film when i fire up the TV's own speakers. All very strange.

Eric

JayCee

Distinguished Member
What is this external “Speaker” you are using and how is it connected to your TV?

bingodisco

Hi

Its a Naim mu so. Its bluetooth but has also been linked to TV by optical cable.

Eric
Your speaker appears to be designed for playing music sources, not A/V sources so it can’t decode Dolby audio.
The film you tried to watch was probably Dolby encoded so would therefore not play properly via your speaker.
Change the SPDIF output on the TV to PCM and see if that fixes the problem when listening via the optical cable.

Ericthepenguin

Novice Member
My apologies bingodisco for being a technological moron! I have gone into sound but don't see SPDIF output. Can you direct me?

bingodisco

My apologies bingodisco for being a technological moron! I have gone into sound but don't see SPDIF output. Can you direct me?

Open up the Amazon Prime app on the TV then press menu on the remote. Under the Sound section you should now see SPDIF Selection. Highlight it and choose PCM.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom