• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Panasonic TX-65GZT1506 4K Ultra HD OLED TV Flicker/strobe problem

Elhoyo

Novice Member
Hi folks,

Recent I bought a Panasonic TX-65GZT1506 4K Ultra HD OLED TV as replacement for my old Philips.
When I watch UHD movies, the colour red displays also black parts. To clarify my poblem I attachted
two screenshots of a movie I watched today.

Image one shows some chinese letters with black parts, and the parts are 'flickering'. In the second image
you see a red cloth with black parts which are flickering.

Any suggestions how to prevent/minimize this?

20200823_160907.jpg

IMG_20200823_154529323.jpg

Elhoyo

Novice Member
Yes, sorry for the incomplete post!

I have Kodi (embuary skin) installed on a Shield TV. My movies are stored on a Syno DS218+ and everything is cabled. All devices are with HDMI connected to an Onkyo TX-NR828 receiver -> HDMI out is going to the Panasonic.

Kind regards,

babator

It almost seems like the TV is receiving deep reds as "out of range" or something like that for some reason and therefore displaying them as black... have you tried other HDR picture modes on the TV, and turning off all the picture processing options? Also, is it possible to change the HDR output format on the Shield TV (I don't have a Shield TV but maybe options like 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:4:4, 12 bit/10 bit, whatever options are available)? What about bypassing the Onkyo and trying to connect the Shield TV directly?

Elhoyo

Novice Member
Hallo Babtor,

Thanks for the tips. I make some time this week to experiment and will post the feedback.

Kind regards,

Elhoyo

Novice Member
Well, the first testresults shows that if I bypass my receiver (Onkyo Onkyo TX-NR828) the 4k movies plays without any stuttering and the colour red is displayed as it shoot be.

Elhoyo

Novice Member
I did some more testing, and changed the resolution from HDMI-out from 'auto' to '4k'. Strange but this resulted in a much stable 4K HDR result.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom