Panasonic TX-65EZ1002B ???

nickj1000

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I wondered if anybody had any thoughts on the value of a 5 year old Panasonic TX-65EZ1002B in good working order. I was looking at buying an OLED but screen burn issues are putting me off ?

Grateful for any thoughts

Cheers

Hi Guys

I wondered if anybody had any thoughts on the value of a 5 year old Panasonic TX-65EZ1002B in good working order. I was looking at buying an OLED but screen burn issues are putting me off ?

Grateful for any thoughts

Cheers

Hi
The model you quoted is in fact an oled panel not a plasma... it depends also what you will be using an oled for.. ie. Movies , gaming etc.

Hi
The model you quoted is in fact an oled panel not a plasma... it depends also what you will be using an oled for.. ie. Movies , gaming etc.
OOps, i quoted the wrong TV number. I will repost :) Thanks for the heads up. Cheers

Should have read Panasonic Viera TX-P65VT65B 65

Great tv's... never owned one but had a Pioneer krp 5OO then a 6OO still have a 5O9O in family room... the oleds are great for movies I have a panasonic ez952 which replaced the krp for 4khdr it's awesome if you love plasma then you should like the Panasonic oleds.. have heard others say tv isn't as smooth as plasma though.. best get a viewing at a RS store or something in their demo room

Great tv's... never owned one but had a Pioneer krp 5OO then a 6OO still have a 5O9O in family room... the oleds are great for movies I have a panasonic ez952 which replaced the krp for 4khdr it's awesome if you love plasma then you should like the Panasonic oleds.. have heard others say tv isn't as smooth as plasma though.. best get a viewing at a RS store or something in their demo room
I am juggling Panasonic Viera Plasma TX-P65VT65B 65 now or the Panasonic OLED TX-65FZ802B in the summer when the new models come out. Not an easy decision!

We're you looking to buy the vt65..?? If so how much or you have it already..?? The 8O2 is about 2grand at the moment prob come down more with the release of the gz2OOO oled..

We're you looking to buy the vt65..?? If so how much or you have it already..?? The 8O2 is about 2grand at the moment prob come down more with the release of the gz2OOO oled..
The VT65 is about 1000 i think. Normally a lot for a tv 5 years old but i believe it is a good one if it is in good condition. Not sure how it matches up to the OLED though

Alot of the old plasmas were built to last I bought my 1st kuro 11 yrs ago still going strong.. you'll probably get 65inch 8O2 in couple months for even less.. the 8O2 doesn't have a speaker by the way.. what are you using the screen for..?? Movies , gaming etc..??

Alot of the old plasmas were built to last I bought my 1st kuro 11 yrs ago still going strong.. you'll probably get 65inch 8O2 in couple months for even less.. the 8O2 doesn't have a speaker by the way.. what are you using the screen for..?? Movies , gaming etc..??
Hi there. I used my plasma for everything and have some ghosting but not seeable hen the picture is on and I have had it for 10 years. My plan is to use this plasma for any gaming and news programmes and a new TV for movies and TV series etc

What plasma do you currently have...??
Right just my opinion... the oled I have is currently the best picture I've seen playing 4k hdr blurays especially jurrassic world fallen kingdom ... lots of detail pop bottomless blacks and still looking natural too like a plasma being brighter too..
For pure movie watching with ifc off in a pro mode 1 or 2 with a bit of tweaking.. it can't be beat.. but in full hd 1O8Op it beats but doesn't wipe the floor with my voltage tweaked kuro..
Considering its 11yrs old now too...For tv watching in general the kuro is near impossible to beat, sports etc and movies are still great... or gaming all rounder..
Purely movies oled all the way I think its better...not interested in gaming new stuff.. too long.. and not sure how image retention would be ...?? only old stuff but have a mame arcade machine for that..
The vt65 is great but for a grand and being 5yrs old I'd keep money and save towards the oled.. could pay that amount for the plasma maybe have a fault and then in a few months the 8O2 comes down further in price and would regret it.. get 5/6 yr warranty on new set too... ;)

What plasma do you currently have...??
Right just my opinion... the oled I have is currently the best picture I've seen playing 4k hdr blurays especially jurrassic world fallen kingdom ... lots of detail pop bottomless blacks and still looking natural too like a plasma being brighter too..
For pure movie watching with ifc off in a pro mode 1 or 2 with a bit of tweaking.. it can't be beat.. but in full hd 1O8Op it beats but doesn't wipe the floor with my voltage tweaked kuro..
Considering its 11yrs old now too...For tv watching in general the kuro is near impossible to beat, sports etc and movies are still great... or gaming all rounder..
Purely movies oled all the way I think its better...not interested in gaming new stuff.. too long.. and not sure how image retention would be ...?? only old stuff but have a mame arcade machine for that..
The vt65 is great but for a grand and being 5yrs old I'd keep money and save towards the oled.. could pay that amount for the plasma maybe have a fault and then in a few months the 8O2 comes down further in price and would regret it.. get 5/6 yr warranty on new set too... ;)
Thanks for the advise, it is not easy ! This is mine. the Panasonic TX P50GT50B. Panasonic GT50 (TX-P50GT50B) 50 Inch Full HD 3D Plasma TV Review It was only available in Cardiff for a short while and I bought it not knowing what it as. When i turned it on I could not believe the picture. It has been used extensively with all gaming rules, logo rules and pause button rules ignored and you can only see faint markings when the screen is blank and not when there is a programme on. If it was a 60 + inch i would not be looking for a new tv. I ran a 4k movies through it the other day and the picture was really good, i guess the top end of 1080p.
I guess my big concern is burn in and not price, makes sense to wait until the summer alreday have half the cash. What TV do you hve any issues??

Thanks for the advise, it is not easy ! This is mine. the Panasonic TX P50GT50B. Panasonic GT50 (TX-P50GT50B) 50 Inch Full HD 3D Plasma TV Review It was only available in Cardiff for a short while and I bought it not knowing what it as. When i turned it on I could not believe the picture. It has been used extensively with all gaming rules, logo rules and pause button rules ignored and you can only see faint markings when the screen is blank and not when there is a programme on. If it was a 60 + inch i would not be looking for a new tv. I ran a 4k movies through it the other day and the picture was really good, i guess the top end of 1080p.
I guess my big concern is burn in and not price, makes sense to wait until the summer alreday have half the cash. What TV do you hve any issues??
Sorry I mean which OLED to you have ??

I have a 55inch ez952 in my den/ outbuildings.. long story short having spent fortune on home cinema kids always had friends wanting to sleep over in the family room, and then as got older stay up later.. then two lots of friends in both rooms so easier to have my own area being in building trade was a nice project.. anyway.. only used as a monitor really for 2O% Netflix, YouTube and 8O% films bluray and 4khdr bluray no tv, gaming etc.. it was the 1st tv that really bettered my previous krp kuro in pure pic quality...
I had seen the last Panasonic plasma I liked the zt60 but wasn't that dissimilar to the kuro except 3d and smart..
Although it's great it's very delicate compared to an almost bomb proof plasma... not just build quality but using it.. when turn off goes on standby and it does a cycle..

I have a 55inch ez952 in my den/ outbuildings.. long story short having spent fortune on home cinema kids always had friends wanting to sleep over in the family room, and then as got older stay up later.. then two lots of friends in both rooms so easier to have my own area being in building trade was a nice project.. anyway.. only used as a monitor really for 2O% Netflix, YouTube and 8O% films bluray and 4khdr bluray no tv, gaming etc.. it was the 1st tv that really bettered my previous krp kuro in pure pic quality...
I had seen the last Panasonic plasma I liked the zt60 but wasn't that dissimilar to the kuro except 3d and smart..
Although it's great it's very delicate compared to an almost bomb proof plasma... not just build quality but using it.. when turn off goes on standby and it does a cycle..
Sounds like you had the perfect plan :)/ I think I will hang on until the summer and see what happens with the prices. I would like the plasma panasonic but the chap is sticking to the 1000 and the sale finishes in mid march while i am abroad so no chance to come in with a final bid if he does not shift it! It is only me and my girlfriend here so I guess when i buy I will have two tv's downstairs so the plasma can play away all day and we can keep the oled for movies etc. Incidentally i just found the scroll bar on the plasma and used it for the first time and there is no image retention at all on it now and it is used all day for news etc. Really good TV's those plasmas for sure

Yes.. exactly near bomb proof.. other thing is alot of new tv's have a bit of a panel lottery.. many get sent back... banding etc..
My Panasonic has it only on a blank screen never on content..
Reason I said to wait is that I upsized to a Pioneer krp600a from Krp5OO.. the smaller screen was better for blacks although larger had wow factor but then saw oled and it looked grey.. if held onto the 5OO would of waited longer then sell bigger screen be lucky to get much back for it.. wait till summer be best..:thumbsup:

I am still using Pioneer 500/600M for daily usage. I won’t be upgrading anytime soon to OLED.

For me I still love the pictures these monitors produce on a daily basis.

Thx
GMAN40

I am still using Pioneer 500/600M for daily usage. I won’t be upgrading anytime soon to OLED.

For me I still love the pictures these monitors produce on a daily basis.

Thx
GMAN40

Great sets although I sold off my krp for a Panasonic oled I still have the kuro in the family room fantastic all rounder but although the oled is amazing for films some things I prefer/find better on the kuro... why it's staying not to mention been the best outlay on anything if ever spent..:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom