Panasonic TX-65CZ950 4K UHD OLED TV Eyes-on Preview (£7999)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Will be a better tv than the Lg oleds but at what price ?

I've heard a non-confirmed price from a retailer and it isn't cheap!

Cheers.

What strikes me is, if Panny have asked LG for changes to be made to the panels they supply, then no matter how tight-lipped Panny are about what those changes are, the one group who know what they requested is LG themselves.

Will this just be a 65", or will there also be a 55" ?

Flat or curved (sorry, you probably said, and I missed it)? Sorry, I did miss it, it's curved.

Steve W

Last edited:
I think its more How the Oled panels are driven

If that £8500 price is correct that way to high.

It needs to be in the same ball park as the LG ideally.

Was no suprise the price would be sky high ...

Are Panasonic still working on their own printed-OLED production technique?

If that price is correct or in the region of, then for the improvements mentioned, the 960 and 950 will be somewhat of a 'bargain' for many people.

Panny first gen Oled :D .... Is miles better than Lg gen god only knows :facepalm:

I simply cannot wait to get my hands on a 4K OLED tv...I own the original Sony Vita with the tiny 5" OLED screen and even on that screen, photos viewed on Facebook for example, look far, far superior than on any other display I've seen.
Will be waiting for the prices to drop a little tho like most people!!

Might Cancel my 950 preorder :facepalm: never order before ifa or ces

Panny first gen Oled :D .... Is miles better than Lg gen god only knows :facepalm:

You gotta factor in price - no doubt LG could throw the kitchen sink at a premium LG OLED but where would that get them as they would sell a minimal amount to the general public but hey they would have the best TV of 2015.

Which begs the question just what do Panasonic hope to achieve with this TV?? If LG resolve a few of their problems this is a busted flush right from the off.

£8,500?!:eek:

Does it come with a free car? It bloody should do at that price.

More importantly, £8500 vs £4999 (currently)

To be fair, as far as I can tell, this test was comparing a new Panny OLED, cherry-picked and optimised by Panny technicians (who clearly knew what the exaggerated criticisms of the LGs has been), against a PREVIOUS generation LG, not set up by Panny (or LG) technicians.

The report says it was clear Panny has been listening to the criticisms of the LGs. You'd have to suspect LG might have been, too.

And finally, even given all of the above, the improvements in the Panny did not appear to be huge. At least nothing like as huge as the price difference.

Steve W

So is this going to be a repeat of the AX902, where they priced it so ridiculously high that it doesn't sell well and it's reduced by thousands a few months down the line?

Talk about killing a product dead. Unless they're producing really small numbers and going after the mega rich market.

Surely at that price point you'd be buying a projector?

To be fair, as far as I can tell, this test was comparing a new Panny OLED, cherry-picked and optimised by Panny technicians (who clearly knew what the exaggerated criticisms of the LGs has been), against a PREVIOUS generation LG, not set up by Panny (or LG) technicians.

The report says it was clear Panny has been listening to the criticisms of the LGs. You'd have to suspect LG might have been, too.

And finally, even given all of the above, the improvements in the Panny did not appear to be huge. At least nothing like as huge as the price difference.

Steve W

Also, bear in mind that when it's eventually reviewed on this site there will be no sign of any uniformity issues, whether they exist or not...like the LG 930 and 960 before it...

I must admit that I've been waiting for this day to come since the plasma has "died" or should I say it was killed by many knowledgeable "enthousiasts" around the world.
Still, non banding/vignetting LG oled will always be a buy option for me and I guess for others too, and at this price point Panasonic will be just a very premium product obviously not adressed to the mass market.
Let's wait and see how much future genration will cost but I guess it will be the same as when LG entered the show.

Good article and promising for the Panasonic OLED range. The price is the only reason I haven't got rid of my Panasonic plasma for an OLED TV. Whilst I spend a fortune on my sound system/entertainment set up, I'm not paying silly money to replace a perfectly good TV. In my view, it's the only thing stopping OLED currently, as it is clearly the best TV tech money can buy. There's just a limit on how much people are willing to spend, even the likes of us on here, unless you're rich enough not to care.

If the price is silly, I'll just have to keep waiting unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom