Question Panasonic TX-58DX902B vs TX-55EZ952B

The Real Mr T

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a serious problem when it comes to spending money, and the last time I bought a TV it took me years to pull the trigger - it was one of the late Panasonic Plasmas after Pioneer walked away. I reached the end of my new TV hunt several months ago now, and settled on the Panasonic TX-58DX902B - to be honest I cannot see anything wrong with it, I love it.

I was tempted by the LG OLEDs, but it just seemed that when I could get a movie playing on one rather than the OLED demo reel it was missing some of the detail.

I thought I would wait for the price to drop on the 58 before jumping in, which it has now kindly done for me :) At approx £1300, I can't really fault it. SWMBO is even fine with accommodating the extra inches :S

So Why the question? Well...

All the early views of the EZ952 suggest that I will want that instead by black friday if it follows the usual trend of prices. Does anyone have a view on this, I would hate to spend £1300 just to want something else 6 months later. So, is there going to be a downside to the EZ952 against the DX902, or is it just likely to be a completely sublime experience? Will the price drop to roughly 60% by black friday like others have or is there some factor I am missing that will keep the price up for longer?

Many thanks,

Rich

Dodgexander

I don't think its likely to see the Panasonic OLED drop beneath 2k, even by this time next year...but you never know so no-one can really make a guarantee.

DX-902 is a steal right now, but I would say the LG OLEDs are even better value, why not just get one of those?

aidey6

I don't know if there's a Costco near you, but I've heard/read you can get the 58DX902 for £999.99 !! They do a five-year warranty...

johny1980

I don't know if there's a Costco near you, but I've heard/read you can get the 58DX902 for £999.99 !! They do a five-year warranty...
Hi

Where did you read that?

domtheone

Distinguished Member
+ Vat?

FUNKYWINKERBEAN

I don't think its likely to see the Panasonic OLED drop beneath 2k, even by this time next year...but you never know so no-one can really make a guarantee.

DX-902 is a steal right now, but I would say the LG OLEDs are even better value, why not just get one of those?
Obviously dropped quite a bit below the £2k now. Really tempted by the Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom