Panasonic TX-55CX802B White spots -

I T H

Novice Member
Hi all, I started communication with Panasonic in May 2020 about 11 white spots that had appeared on my TV. They said due to Covid there was nothing they could at the time, but asked for details about the TV. Age, warranty when I bought it etc. Also did anyone in the house have any symptoms of Covid or if anyone was high risk, the answers were no to all of the questions. I told them I brought the TV in May 2016, and I didn't have the extended warranty on it, but thought a top of the range TV should last longer the 4 years, and could it be a manufacturing fault. Throughout the year I kept sending updates and photos (4 Times) as the amount of spots grew. About October they put me in touch with a service centre in Crewe for them to carry out an inspection. The service centre asked for similar information, age warranty etc. After further emails back and forth to Panasonic and the service centre, a year has gone by, only to be now told Panasonic would not consider giving any help with it and the service centre told me that Panasonic no longer supply the panels for this model. We have 2 older Plasma TV in the bedrooms that are about 15 years old and still going strong. After reading about issues with white spots I am thinking of having a go at repairing it myself. (Fingers crossed) But I do feel a little let down by Panasonic and it has made me think twice before buying another TV from them.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7213.JPG
    IMG_7213.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom