• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Panasonic TX-50CX802 for a shorter table

sirsimon501

Established Member
Hi

Anybody got this TV with a table that's a little shorter? My table measures 109 and the TV needs 112. If you own this TV can you measure the full length of the stand please as it seems a little shorter in the images? Thanks

Simon

Last edited:

MLR

Prominent Member
Hi

Anybody got this TV with a table that's a little shorter? My table measures 109 and the TV needs 112. If you own this TV can you measure the full length of the stand please as it seems a little shorter in the images? Thanks

Simon
You need a table that is the full 112cm wide, as the stand only takes the weight at the very edges of the tv (unlike last years models where you could let it over hang).

I bought a pedestal stand from amazon to use with mine, solved the problem and didn't look too bad (i've since replaced the CX802 with a curved JS9000 but using the same pedestal stand with it).

JustinL

Prominent Member
You need a table that is the full 112cm wide, as the stand only takes the weight at the very edges of the tv (unlike last years models where you could let it over hang).

I bought a pedestal stand from amazon to use with mine, solved the problem and didn't look too bad (i've since replaced the CX802 with a curved JS9000 but using the same pedestal stand with it).
How are you finding the JS9000 compared to the CX802 as these are 2 of the current tv's I am looking at?
Thanks

MLR

Prominent Member
How are you finding the JS9000 compared to the CX802 as these are 2 of the current tv's I am looking at?
Thanks
Yeh the JS9000 is good, I had 3x 50CX802b's, they all had different issue's with backlight, and none of them seemed to display Red correctly, it would be Orange unless I used a colour balance other than Rec709 or turned the Red up manually to just below max.

I didn't want a curve which is why I went for the Panasonic originally, but after having 3 with similar but different issue's I thought it was time to try the JS9000 and it's great.

After a couple of hours I didn't even notice the curve anymore, and the extra hdmi socket comes in handy too.

Performance wise there is little between them, they both give a great picture, and neither seems to suffer with judder (which is important to me, as I am susceptible to that), and both have been pretty much clear of any DSE or banding, however there was a little clouding on 1 of the Panasonic's.

The only thing I really don't like about the JS9000 is the stand, but i'm not using that anyway, and the other thing is I would rather is was black instead of silver, but it's not the end of the world.

I would have been just as happy with the CX802b though, had it displayed Red correctly and I didn't have any backlight issue's with them.

JustinL

Prominent Member
Thanks MLR for your insights very useful, pointing me towards the JS9000, just debating now if I should wait until CES in Jan to see the next sets or if the JS9000 will come down at all. No rush I guess as there is hardly any UHD content at the moment anyway.

MLR

Prominent Member
Thanks MLR for your insights very useful, pointing me towards the JS9000, just debating now if I should wait until CES in Jan to see the next sets or if the JS9000 will come down at all. No rush I guess as there is hardly any UHD content at the moment anyway.
No probs.

If your not in a hurry then wait a couple of months, the thing is, it will be a couple of months after that before they are available, and then they will be silly money again for 6 months or so, and by the time they start to drop in price it will be this time next year and the cycle starts again.

As a pointer I bought a HU7500 last December (sadly it was faulty on arrival and there were none available to get it replaced with at the time as Samsung had no stock either), when I looked in march / april this year, the HU7500 was available again and selling for more than I paid for it in December, so any price drops on the JS9000 now will be short term promo's I think.

MLR

Prominent Member
The cycle is never ending and at some point you have to jump in otherwise you will wait forever and get nothing.

On the upside you won't spend anything either though lol

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom