Panasonic TX-49FX555B (Audio Out)

Big Simon

Hi All,

I have a Panasonic TX-49FX555B TV and i'm trying to find a way to connect to my Marantz PM6005 amplifier for audio output, (a copy of the rear of which is shown on the attached picture).

My Optical Out (SPDIF) connection from my tv to AMP is intermittent and unreliable, (i think there is a problem with the connection at the TV end. Never was a huge fan of optical connections).

Ideally therefore i would like to use the HDMI (ARC) socket from the Panasonic TV to the Digital Audio in, (single coaxial connection show in the picture link above) on the amplifier.

Is this possible and if so, what converter do i need? (Unfortunately the AMP does hot have an HDMI socket).

Im assuming ARC to Coax is the best way to achieve digital sound with the limited options as opposed to converting from HDMI to RCA phono and into one of the other slots available?

Would the attached product work?

Appreciate your help with the attached

Best

Simon.

Attachments

• PM6005.jpeg
    PM6005.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

mikej

Your post is quite ironic because many people resort to the optical output when they can't get HDMI-ARC to work reliably ! :D

Are you happy that the optical cable isn't the cause of the problem ? Have you tried an alternative cable or an alternative source to test the current cable ?

HDMI-ARC audio extractor boxes like the one you linked to should work in theory - the main issue is that most of the generic ones are made very cheaply and quality can vary. If I was you, I would buy from somewhere you can more easily return it in the event of any problems - there are plenty listed on Amazon, for example.

I'm not sure whether audio delay is a risk when using these converters ? Seeing as your amp has digital inputs, I would definitely stick to using it's digital coaxial or optical inputs as opposed to converting unnecessarily to analogue with a cheap converter.

Big Simon

Thank you, very helpful indeed. I purchased an ARC Audio Extractor from Amazon today and going to connect up to the Coaxial port. Will revert back and let you know my experience. Thanks again for taking the time to assist me, it is greatly appreciated
Simon.

Big Simon

Your post is quite ironic because many people resort to the optical output when they can't get HDMI-ARC to work reliably ! :D

Are you happy that the optical cable isn't the cause of the problem ? Have you tried an alternative cable or an alternative source to test the current cable ?

HDMI-ARC audio extractor boxes like the one you linked to should work in theory - the main issue is that most of the generic ones are made very cheaply and quality can vary. If I was you, I would buy from somewhere you can more easily return it in the event of any problems - there are plenty listed on Amazon, for example.

I'm not sure whether audio delay is a risk when using these converters ? Seeing as your amp has digital inputs, I would definitely stick to using it's digital coaxial or optical inputs as opposed to converting unnecessarily to analogue with a cheap converter.
Ok,

So replaced the optical cable all works well.
The Arc audio extractor also works well with no delay.

Optical is easier but no real difference in sound quality or performance from what is can see.

Best

S

Loopthrough

Hi All,

I have a Panasonic TX-49FX555B TV and i'm trying to find a way to connect to my Marantz PM6005 amplifier for audio output, (a copy of the rear of which is shown on the attached picture).

My Optical Out (SPDIF) connection from my tv to AMP is intermittent and unreliable, (i think there is a problem with the connection at the TV end. Never was a huge fan of optical connections).

Ideally therefore i would like to use the HDMI (ARC) socket from the Panasonic TV to the Digital Audio in, (single coaxial connection show in the picture link above) on the amplifier.

Is this possible and if so, what converter do i need? (Unfortunately the AMP does hot have an HDMI socket).

Im assuming ARC to Coax is the best way to achieve digital sound with the limited options as opposed to converting from HDMI to RCA phono and into one of the other slots available?

Would the attached product work?

Appreciate your help with the attached

Best

Simon.
You don't need that. The TV has analogue audio out.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom