Panasonic TX-48CX400B tuning

billbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I completely dim?
When new channels appear on Freeview the only thing I appear to be able to do is a complete re-tune which wipes out my favourites and channels already stored.
This is fantastically frustrating as when one channel e.g. the rubbish Tru Christmas is added I have to then go through and select favourites all over again.
Is there a way simply to update the channel list as there is on my Panny PVR?

Unfortunately probably not as although it is branded Panasonic, it is in fact made by a company called vestel and the software driving these TVs aren't as fully featured as the next rung up the ladder (the cx680 series)

It's not, no. Many brands farm out manufacturing of their products to other companies. Vestel is actually one of the largest TV manufacturers in the world as they are what is known as an OEM brand. They make TV's for companies such as bush, Alba, wharf dale, hitachi, technika etc. So long as Panasonic are the ones covering the warranties etc then it is classed as a Panasonic set

How long have you had the set and where did you get it? Many retailers will offer a no penalty upgrade if you haven't had it that long.

Got it from Tesco 4 or 5 months ago. I don't think they're renowned for this sort of thing: but what to upgrade to?

If you wanted to stick to Panasonic the cx680 series is very good, the Firefox OS in particular. Price wise I know they have had quite a reduction in the last 4-5 months, so cost may not be that dissimilar to what you paid for the cx400

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom