panasonic TX-42st50B

dave james

Standard Member
Reaction score
Could anyone advise re the following.
I am considering to purchase the above TV= TX-42ST50B,as i live in France i have found what would appear to be the same model=TX-42ST50E but at a lower price ,My question is ,is this the same model as the B version as being sold on AMAZON UK.
I have checked the best i can;but my French leaves a lot to be desired and i dont want to drop the proverbial Gooley.
If you can advise i would be very grateful.
Thankyou Dave:)

Could anyone advise re the following.
I am considering to purchase the above TV= TX-42ST50B,as i live in France i have found what would appear to be the same model=TX-42ST50E but at a lower price ,My question is ,is this the same model as the B version as being sold on AMAZON UK.
I have checked the best i can;but my French leaves a lot to be desired and i dont want to drop the proverbial Gooley.
If you can advise i would be very grateful.
Thankyou Dave:)
B= UK models
E= Europe models.

In short yes the same with some minor differences regarding inbuilt tuner and maybe some smart online bits being different. Picture wise I would imagine being the same. ;)

Go grab a bargain. :thumbsup:

Hi thanks for your prompt reply,i really wanted it confirmed,out of interest the Amazon UK price is £853 the price from France is £666,i am really surprised as prices over here can a lot dearer,
Ime nearly as happy as when WIGGO won the Tour.
All the best Dave:laugh:

Hi thanks for your prompt reply,i really wanted it confirmed,out of interest the Amazon UK price is £853 the price from France is £666,i am really surprised as prices over here can a lot dearer,
Ime nearly as happy as when WIGGO won the Tour.
All the best Dave:laugh:
:laugh::smashin:

I know a forum member recently imported over a 65" VT50 from Germany and saved a tonne of cash in doing so.

Enjoy the new toy mate, maybe see you over on the ST50 thread :thumbsup:

Hi Insanity and all.
I purchased the above tv here in SW France the shop GITEM was great had studios for BOSE ,SONYand PANASONIC,more interesting the price 840 euros which is £660 in real money BARGIN.
Now ive come out the clouds,i would like your advices ,assistance regarding the install with my existing sytem.
BOSE Life style system,the audio connections on this.INPUTS DIGITAL,SPIDF1 each for TV.VCR.TAPE. AUX.
OUTPUTS=OPTICAL OUTPUT ,SPDIF-15to 21. COMPOSITE VIDEO NTSC or PAL Ivp-p with sync on 75 ohms.
S-VIDEO,Luminance1vp-pChrominance0.3p-p
COMPONENT VIDEO NTSC or PAL.
I have this linked to a HUMAX FOXAT HDR box.
My old Phillips tv did not have hdmi connections.
Could you advise what my new set up should be useing the Bose system,this does not have HDMI.
I would like the Best SOUND picture possible withe the new ST50.
I do hope i havent sent you to sleep!!.
Any advice help would be really appreciated.
All the best Dave:thumbsup:

I'd connect the optical out of the tv into your bose system if it has optical in ?

UK Models have 5 year guarantee so that may partly account for some of the difference but the main reason is that a short while ago the Euro was 1 to 1 v GBP whereas now 1 GBP buys 1.27 Euros .

The only way to drive your home cinema kit from this TV is via the optical output TV to Bose . If / when you buy new home cinema kit make sure it has HDMI ( Arc Audio return channel ) to match the HDMI 2 on your TV )

Hi thanks for your advices re the sound system,out of interest when i was checking out prices re the TX model i enquired on AMAZON UK why :) there was a price difference between the UK and France he mentioned the Euro Pound
difference but more to the point he said you must realise the UK purchase only carries a one year warranty ,my purchase in France carries a 2 year manufacturers warranty as do most appliances purchased over here.
Just thought it might be worth a mention.
Cheers Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom