Panasonic TX-42PX80B Switching soure

dr750

Standard Member
Hi,please help,i have a Panasonic TX-42PX80B connected to Sky+ via scart & a xbox360 connected via HDMI.I am unable to get it to auto switch source.

AV1 set as per manual,when we use the xbox we have to manually switch with the remote.I have read other posts here inc hotel mode but i can't sort it. What am i doing wrong ?? Please help.Thanks, Mark :suicide:

alsina

Hi,please help,i have a Panasonic TX-42PX80B connected to Sky+ via scart & a xbox360 connected via HDMI.I am unable to get it to auto switch source.

AV1 set as per manual,when we use the xbox we have to manually switch with the remote.I have read other posts here inc hotel mode but i can't sort it. What am i doing wrong ?? Please help.Thanks, Mark :suicide:

Which HDMI socket is the Xbox plugged into?

Aretak

Hmm... mine automatically switches to HDMI 1 whenever what's in there is switched on. Doesn't do it with any of the other inputs though.

tommo159

Hi

Are you sure that this can be done? I have the 37" version and I don't believe mine will work like that. I now have everything switching through my 3 input HDMI Amp and use both Bluray and Freesat. The Amp then sends the HDMI signal to the TV.

I was playing with the TV yesterday and managed to hide all the other inputs such as Component, PC, AV2 etc so when you turn the TV on it picks up either TV or HDMI. As I don't use the TV signal at all, it automatically switches to HDMI and will pick up whatever the Amp feeds it. In most cases it will be Freesat as Bluray is not used as often.

Does this make any sense???:smashin:

dr750

Standard Member
If i change settings from av1 to HDMI1 the xbox is fine.(no sky+)
I know this can auto switch source as it used to do it,i moved leads last night,since then i have the problem,maybe duff HDMI lead not sending "wake up" signal ?

stratts

Are the TX and TH-42PX80B similar tv's?? I got the TH Saturday and I thought it would be able to switch between my PS3 via HDMI 1and Sky+ via AV 1 when I turned each of them on and off!!

Is this not the case??

alsina

Try switching the mains power to all the equipment off for 10 mins as this may clear the 'fault'.

dr750

Standard Member
Are the TX and TH-42PX80B similar tv's?? I got the TH Saturday and I thought it would be able to switch between my PS3 via HDMI 1and Sky+ via AV 1 when I turned each of them on and off!!

Is this not the case??
Yes they similar,mine used to switch automatically,but as now stopped.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom