Panasonic TX-42PT10 DISCONTINUED

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by L.SKYWALKER, Apr 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. L.SKYWALKER

L.SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I purchased this set in December 01'and from day one had problems with the set.I had trouble tuning it in in the first place, then the colour went inthe left hand corner so I played with the convergence and completly messed up the picture!The only way to get a picture was to move into progressive mode however this was only with a PAL signal?.Anyway the picture eventually went funny even in the progressive mode so an engineer came and said it would have to go in for a repire.So I've now been waiting a month for it to be "fixed" and after numerous phone calls we are still waiting for the new part to come!:mad: So I phoned Panasonic and they told me the part would be with them tomorrow and then passed onto Sound and Vision in a few days.The woman on the phone also said the model was now disscountinued and the TX-42PT12 was the the new model.I find this hard to believe as the set is only 3 months old!! So in my opinion Panasonic know there is a problem with the PT10's and have fixed everything and called it a new model!:mad: So I fell that everyone who has bought the PT10 sould get a replacement.I shall be demanding one in the morning wish me luck:)

2. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Yep....

My 42 inch RP Panny is being picked up next week, after I suffered much the same problems from day one. I have already requested a replacement (is handy to know your rights on these things). Have said that I will be requesting the new Panny, but may go for the Tosh instead (just in case).

Keep us updated and i'll do the same.

jon

3. L.SKYWALKER

L.SKYWALKER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Spoke to sound and vision again today (WED) and they are now ready to send me a NEW :) set, which will arrived tomorrow at midday.Let's just hope and pray this one is OK;)

Will keep you posted!

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my panny tx42 is now on the blink too. I thought i had finally found a good tv but it seems not. the picture keeps flickering like it is trying to squeeze from the edge to the middle. Im gonna ring currys now to try and get a different set. This tv went faulty after 1 week but the engineer found a loose connection and ffixed it. Now this happens. Im really fed up with tvs. This is tv no 6 for me. I might try Tosh if they will let me.:mad:

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just rang currys and the engineer should be here on monday to verify there is a fault. OHHH THE STRESS