panasonic TX-40DX600D iplayer watch from the start feature

the groundsman

Hope you can help me with this. I'm not that knowledgeable about TV's. I have a panasonic TX-40DX600D with Firefox OS and the BBC iplayer usually works fine. Any issues have previously been sorted out by logging out and in again or disconnecting and reconnecting the wireless connection.

My issue is only with the "watch from the start feature" of live programmes; using the green button or from within the app. I have had a couple of issues either "the programme is not available on your device" or - more recently - the programme restarts but constantly freezes and crashes. Navigating by fast forwarding etc is also quite problematic.

larkone

Have you got the latest firmware loaded?

larkone

Probably the age of the TV then - IPlayer may well have overtaken the capabilities of the TV

the groundsman

Yep from my research it seems that that is the case, which for a 5 year old item from a well known manufacturer is disappointing

larkone

You have to remember that these are designed in the years before release so the processor is probably a 7 year old design and that's what limits the ability to run later versions of apps. Just the same with MS Windows or any other software - they all outgrow the hardware. You cannot blame the manufacturer of the TV because they have no control over the apps and the app developers always want to add bigger and better features and as consumers we want that.

Last edited:

the groundsman

Some encouragement. I managed to watch 2 different programmes from the start today. Looks like the issue has been fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom