Panasonic tx-40ax630b Red Blinking Problem

SOUZEGB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a problem with the panasonic viera tx-40ax630B is constantly flashing red light and I can not fix it in any way I also replaced the power supply to the TV also it did not help in any way or the combination of buttons on the back of the TV to turn off StandBy mode whether it is any chance of help in this matter? I will send a video as it looks. The red light keeps blinking only as a push button when the TV is switched on, the green light comes on and the light flashes red again.
I still wanted to add that the red light blinks constantly (not with a code) as in others with once or twice or more. As here in this link: PANASONIC LED TV BLINKING ERROR CODE DETAILS.

Regards.

Video:

Attachments

• 20200202_173631.jpg
    20200202_173631.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 1,344
Last edited:
PANEL SOS I'm afraid, so you having something (usually backlights) wrong with your screen.

Panels are no longer available for these so if you can't find anyone to perform component level repair I'm afraid it's a scrapper.

1 blink means: problem with backlight, 90% the problem is one or more leds faults into panel backlight, 10% power board don't supply the right power to backlight. Try to connect a voltmeter on the backlight connector (it is the upper on power board) and power up the tv, check the voltage when tv power up before the red blink starts. If you've a voltage between 30-50 Volts this means the power board is ok and problem is a faulty led in backlight. Is possibile to replace the faulty led but to do this you need to open the panel and remove the matrix and all filters. It is not easy if you don't have the required skill and tools.

I've got similar but with 9 green flashes - which means SOUND_SOS. The link above says to test the speakers, and replace them. If not, it's replacing the A board.

How would you test the speakers?

1 blink means: problem with backlight, 90% the problem is one or more leds faults into panel backlight, 10% power board don't supply the right power to backlight. Try to connect a voltmeter on the backlight connector (it is the upper on power board) and power up the tv, check the voltage when tv power up before the red blink starts. If you've a voltage between 30-50 Volts this means the power board is ok and problem is a faulty led in backlight. Is possibile to replace the faulty led but to do this you need to open the panel and remove the matrix and all filters. It is not easy if you don't have the required skill and tools.

Hi sir,
I have the same problem with this, When turn on the TV before blink red can see the image but no light. Already check the backlight voltage one by one and the result all backlight have a stable voltage. No led damage. Still cannot solve the problem. confuse which part actually problem Power Board, Main Board or Inverter. Hope you can help on this. Thanks in advanced..:)

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with the Panasonic tx 40 ax630e... Green led blinks several times then the red. The screen make a small flash and then stops... If anyone solved the problem, let me know. Thanks you,

I have same problem on tx40ax630b TV the red standby light keeps flashing once a a time, if I turn the power of and then back on or turn of TV on the manual button and then back on the green light starts to flash and the screen starts to come on but then goes black and the red light starts to flash again. This started suddenly I.e the TV just switched of and red light started flashing

Like I wrote in past, 1 red flashing every second means the backlight is KO, 99% one or more led of backlight are dead, 1% power supply faulty. Sadly Panasonic tv are the only that have this kind of protection if also 1 led dies, samsung and all other tv has no protection so if one led dies your tv continues to work but you can see one screen zone more dark.

Like I wrote in past, 1 red flashing every second means the backlight is KO, 99% one or more led of backlight are dead, 1% power supply faulty. Sadly Panasonic tv are the only that have this kind of protection if also 1 led dies, samsung and all other tv has no protection so if one led dies your tv continues to work but you can see one screen zone more dark.
That's wrong. Sony has also a backlight protection, 6x blink. But not only, some Samsung and TPV have protection in the power supply, TVs turn on but backlight is in protection. Keep in mind it's a good way to have this kind of protection, it protects the power supply and also especially on edge leds it protects the diffuser. For exemple UE55KU6500, 65PUS6521, the leds strips are available on theses TVs BUT there is no protection and when a led begin to go wrong it burn the diffuser because the user continue to watch the TV with dark zones... And unfortunetly the diffuser is not available in spare parts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom