panasonic tx-40ax630b 4k files over network?

skillfulmmd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :)

I recently purchased this Tv only to find that I can't use Netflix 4K or Amazon Prime Instant 4K streaming however I figured I would be able to use my NAS drive to stream 4k files however when ever I try to use the built in media player on the TV I get an error message saying that the " video resolution is not supported".

I made sure to check that the video file is the correct resolution and it the TV's built in media can see the file. at first I was thinking it was an issue with the old generic HDMI cable I was using but that wouldn't make sense as this is only plugged into the Pioneer receiver.

Is there a restriction on streaming 4k over networks?

Also I have my Virgin Tivo box plugged into the tv and it is only showing up as 720p/50Hz would this be down to my HDMI cable not being able to push the picture further than this?

Thanks in advance.

What kind of 4K files are you trying to play - resolution, video/audio codecs, frame rates and containers etc?

I can't find anything concrete on the AX630 and I only used it with Ultra HD content from USB, if I remember correctly, but there could well be limitations on networked content.

The file in question is in the .MP4 format and the resolution is 3840 X 2160.

I could try USB and see if that makes a difference it wouldn't be ideal but I could live with that if its the only way it works.

Give it a go over USB ( if I remember correctly, it should work) and let us know.

Hi Mark,

Tried it both on my smartphone via USB and on my portable hard drive both didnt give me any joy. I still seem to be getting the video resolution not supported option.

Have you got anything else I can try?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom