Panasonic tx-37lzd85 or th-37px80b??

13r0wn7

Standard Member
Reaction score
I cannot decide which one, The plasma has a really good read up! I will be on ps3 alot but how likly is it to burn your plasma screen. That is the only issue with the plasma. thanks

how long will you be gaming at any time and how many different games do you play?

I have the 37PX80 (I would recommend it above the LCD depending on gaming duration) and it is stunning. I played GTA IV on PS3 for a good couple of hours and the map in the corner (big plasma killer) didn't burn in permanently, at first I didn't see anything at all. Then, when it was on a completely black screen I actively searched for it from about 1 or 2 feet away and there was a very faint outline of where the map was, that went within about a minute of SD TV, if not less. If there was anything on the screen or if I was further than 2 feet away I couldn't see it. No problems for me but depends on how long you will be on and how often really

quite alot i will be on call of duty 4.. i just dont want to be constently worrying about it. I wonder if you can get warrenty that covers this?

I don't know about the warranty, possibly though, look it up. When I played cod4 on mine there was no IR at all and I was on it for at least an hour. IR does improve (although less on Panasonics, but it's hardly a problem to start with) over time once everythings has got going. You wont experience any permanent screen burn, any IR that you get can be remove by watching some SD TV on it, I recommend the plasma, fast motion handling is good, colours are good, blacks are amazing, it's all good. SD is also very impresive, better than the LCD, although the LCD's SD is among the best for LCDs. If you do go for the plasma and you have a huge gaming session then just put on some regular TV for 10 mins or so after 2 hours or so

I cannot decide which one, The plasma has a really good read up! I will be on ps3 alot but how likly is it to burn your plasma screen. That is the only issue with the plasma. thanks
Or the Panny P37X10, latest 2009 model available in a couple of weeks, £599.

Or the Panny P37X10, latest 2009 model available in a couple of weeks, £599.

wow, i thought it would be more than that, I'd wait for that, it's going to be gooood :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom