• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX-37LZD70

bmike

Standard Member
My son has just purchased this TV, but we have noticed that the standby power is 19 to 28W. The instructions say that the standby is 0.4 W without DVB recording and 19W with DVB recording enabled. The question is: how do you switch this feature off as we will never use it. We have been through the manual and can find no option to turn off DVB recording. There is something called Q-link and VIERA Link (which can be turned off) but neither of these options seems the affect the standby power usage. Am I missing something obvious.

Lexic

Established Member
The manual actually says:
"0.4 W (Without DVB recording) / 19 W (With DVB recording)"

so in other words in standby the wattage will be 0.4w. If you use the dvb to record something:

"The Timer programming menu allows you to choose programmes that you wish to record. At the correct time, the DVB system will switch on and tune to the correct station (even if the TV is in Standby mode)."

at which point I would assume the power would go up to "19 W (With DVB recording)"

DVB recording is not an option you turn off, you either use it or you don't.

bmike

Standard Member
Lexic,

I have a power meter and believe me it uses 20W all the time. There is nothing in the list of programs to record so it should use 0.4W or at least about that as it states in the manual. It's not linked to recording equipment so it would be pretty useless trying to use this option.

Any other ideas???

If not I believe there is design fault with the TV (probably software) and I will complain to Panasonic.

bmike

Standard Member
Lexic,

I have a power meter and believe me it uses 20W all the time. There is nothing in the list of programs to record so it should use 0.4W or at least about that as it states in the manual. It's not linked to recording equipment so it would be pretty useless trying to use this option.

Any other ideas???

If not I believe there is design fault with the TV (probably software) and I will complain to Panasonic.

Lexic

Established Member
I don't know why your standby level would be so high if not in use; would be interested to hear Panasonics response and if other users have same problem. I don't have a power meter so can't check mine.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom