1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-36PL35F

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pr0xZen, Oct 16, 2004.

1. pr0xZen

Standard Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    First of all, thanks for operating such a great forum, just what I've been looking for. Now, this is my first post, so bare with me please.

I've been looking for a new TV for a while, and recently I stumbled upon what seems as a good canidate, at a webshop here in Norway. Now I've tried to do my homework on electronics, but TV's haven't been a strong side. This particular TV was hard to find any intel on, so I was hoping someone here could help me. This TV is mainly for DVD playback (home theatre), but will of course have usage for console gaming, and as a basic tube.

What the dealer could give me of specs was this :

Panasonic TX-36PL35F:
    36" CRT Widescreen (16:9)
    Quintrix SR
    100Hz Super Digital Scan
    3 SCART connections
    Component video connection
    Line out audio connection
    PIP, POP
    Integrated stereo speakers
    82 kg's

This one costs about 1800 Euros (15.000 NOK).

Would I be buying a really heavy piece of junk with this, or is it a good TV? Would I be better off getting a 32" with Pixel+? Is the price really high? What is Quintrix SR?

Basicly, Whatever you people can tell me about this TV, I need. The support staff at the webshop deesn't seem to belong with electronics, and their shop is far away. I've tried looking around, but I can't find anything.
  2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Mar 3, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Welcome to the Forum. :)

The TV that you mention sounds very similar to the PD30 series sold here in the UK.

If you do a search on this Forum, you will see that opinions are divided.

Basically, if you can get a good one they are hard to beat.

If you get a poor one, ...

Quintrix SR (Super Resolution) is an upgraded version of the Panasonic display tube which, together with electronic processing called Acuity, attempts to improve the standard 625 line picture.

As for price, I afraid I have no idea of the tax situation in Norway, but suggest you compare with similar sets from Sony and Toshiba.

Good luck. :thumbsup: