1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-36PL35F(36PL32) Bright scenes weird flickering

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pr0xZen, Apr 7, 2005.

1. pr0xZen

Standard Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ever since I got my new panny, I've experienced some rather uncool flickering. This flickering is not constant. It sometimes does not appear when I would most expect it to.

I've tried both RGB over scart, and component. This with 3 DVD players. The SCART cable used is a Monster M. At £200 for less than a metre, it should give the RGB a run for its money. All give the same results, wich leaves the TV to most likely be the problem. I recon this set, with the Quitrix SR tube, to be quite similar to some of the more known models.

The problem is as follows.
    In bright scenes, for instance bright skies, sunlit glass og or mirrors, or sunlit snowy mountains - The area wich is bright sort of flickers. The area of the picture wich is very bright is the only area affected - areas of the same picture, that is not as bright, is nice and flicker free.

Any suggestions what's causing this? I've not overrun the brightness. This I'm certain of.