Panasonic TX-36PF10 - (SIMPLE PROBLEM)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kingfresh, Apr 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kingfresh

kingfresh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people!

about 3weeks ago i bought a second hand Panasonic TX-36PF10. I have this plugged into a sky+ box (av1) but on close inspection i have noticed im not getting wide screen! ive not got the booklet so i cant check that! but ive pressed the aspect button etc and gone thru all the menus, but it seems to be just stretching the picture... im not sure if its the sky box? lead? tv?
    im not very good at this kinda thing so thought id ask those who know :eek:)

thanks

Dan

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Make sure the scart lead is connected to the socket marked TV Scart on the Sky box and go in to the "Services", "System Setup", "Picture Settings" menu and select 16x9 under "Picture Format" and also make sure "Scart Control" is set to on and RGB is selected under "Video Output" (instead of PAL)..."Save new Settings" and also plug it in to AV1 on the TV.

3. kingfresh

kingfresh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JayCee: Top Man, worked a treat, now i can watch sky the way it should be on my tele :eek:)
    are all sky channels in widescreen?

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Glad you got it sorted.
    There are still quite a few in 4x3 but at least the set will autoswitch and you will be able to see them as they are intended to be seen. :thumbsup: