1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PS12 32in Nicam TV smearing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by leadpb, Jun 9, 2004.

1. leadpb

leadpb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Panasonic TX-32PS12 32in Nicam TV but found that the screen was not clear watching certain programmes. For instance when football was showing or skiing etc, a faint line appeared down the left hand side of the screen and the picture had patterns on it. These gave the impression that the screen had not been cleaned properly.

After attempts by the engineers to clear up the problem, I was given a replacement set. Sadly the same problem has occurred. I have tried numerous ways of showing a picture, via tv aerial only, video, scarts, from Sky only etc but have not been able to cure things. The problem seems to be worse when there is a lot of movement taking place in the picture.

I was told that the problem is common with 100 hz sets and have been told that I can have a refund and replace the set again with a 50 hz model maybe Phillips, Samsung or JVC.

It is a shame as the picture quality in general and the features of the set, I am very happy with.

If anyone has any other suggestions before I choose my "new model", then I would be very interested to hear from you.

many thanks. LPB