1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PS1 Strange Display Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lettuce, Apr 16, 2005.

1. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have had this model for around 2 months now, and have noticed a problem with the display in the bottom right corner of the screen when using the TV AV1 Scart channel, either watch a DVD, or playing the PS2. This part of the screen seems to have a strange pulsating/flickering/wobbling effect, can really be noticed on bright colours, especially white! Have tried changing all the scart leads to see if it was that, but that didnt change anything. Has anybody else has this same kind of problem with their sets?? And is it a case of getting a replacment TV, as i have a 3 yr warrenty with Comet??

2. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anybody, could it be a shielding problem?

3. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anybody??

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi lettuce,

I have no experience of this television and can offer no advice. However I thought you may be interested to read about this tv from the archives of this forum. On Google type Panasonic 32PS1 problems and the first post that comes up is from our forum. Click on No.6301 (shown on left of page) and you will see picture problems there. It could well be that you've been given a faulty set or one that was returned and repacked, it happens.

Some people have been happy with this set so I should make a fuss and get Comet to replace or repair it. Good luck.

5. lettuce

lettuce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the reply Cynthia, i have arranged a Comet service man to come round this friday to look at the set, so hopefully he will bring a replacement with him, but i wont hold my breath! Probably have to go through the process of them taking it away, bring it back, notice that the problem hasnt being solved, and then getting them to come back again only to give me a new set!! One worrying thing is, when i was talking to Comet on the phone they made me aware that there will be a £25 charge if no fault is found, so hopefully they wont try and say their is not fault.

Its strange though if u get right up close to the TV screen u cannot notice the screen flickering, its only when u step back and look u notice it, strange!