1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-32PL10 - Rubbish?!?!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lentini, Jul 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I've just come home from work, my spanking new PL10 waiting for me.

Switching it on for the first time, I am completely disgusted with the picture! I've had a PL1 on loan while I was waiting for the PL10 to come back into stock and I wish I'd kept it!

The picture is grainy, like the TV is really struggling with the signals. It's like this through all sources - the aerial, Sky, DVD and my PS2.

Plus every picture has a moire effect, horizontally curved lines across the picture.

I need help!! Should I try my luck with another PL10 or should I go for another brand????

Suggestions needed please!! (I want 32", flat screen, 100hz (maybe))

2. Kirk

Kirk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It sounds more like a connection problem to me, have you confirmed that all the relevant cables are connected and in the correct locations?

It could just be something silly.

Try dropping all additional hardware and just have your Terrestrial TV arial going direct to the TV and see what the picture is like then, I am also assuming that the TV has been tuned properly and any front control flats have been closed properly.

A few TV's give a terrible picture while the front control panel is open (usually older and smaller TV's)

Strip back to basics and see what is goin on is the best thing to do.

3. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    All the connections are exactly the same as it was on the PL1. I'm using a SCART splitter to connect three RGB sources into AV1 (although I've tried them all individually in AV1).

Compared to my Thomson 32WF45 which I used to have, it's pretty poor.

Also, the TV keep losing the picture. Twice tonight it's lost picture, either the screen going completely green or black with sound still in the background.

As I said before, the PL1 I had before was almost perfect.

4. pedropeps

pedropeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

hi have a tx32pl10 and the picture is fantastic, specially in dvd and satellite.
    Rarely i see one vertical line in aerial signal but i thinks that is the antenna because the image appears with some shadows.

Pedro Soares

5. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go back to the PL1. I have it and the picture is great. You don't need the 100Hz processing which is more or less what you are paying extra for with the PL10.

6. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    The PL1 had vertical lines down both sides of the screen, I couldn't put up that.

7. awallace

awallace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a 28" PL10 thinking the 100HZ would be better than the 50HZ PL1 version.

I am no techno wizard and just rely on my eyes when assesing the quality of the picture.

Suffice to say the PL10 went back and I now have a very nice PL1!

8. awallace

awallace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Addition to my above post.

I also saved around £100 as well !!!

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned the 32" PL10 for a couple of months now and I suffer from all the same problems you've described. This was the 4th telly I had delivered and I just decided to put up with it.

It can look good sometimes but the worst problem is the moire. If I thought that that could be fixed, I would phone EDUK but I have no faith in the engineers that they employ......I wouldn't trust them to change a fuse :(

Gordon

10. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    You don't have to have an engineer out, it's well within your rights to reject the TV and get a refund.

I'm currently in a battle with the store I bought mine from who haven't got the faintest idea about the law who seem to think I can't get my money back.

11. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The MIL had a 32pl10 delivered on saturday at my suggestion. As a dutiful SIL i unpacked and set it up for her, then spent a couple of hours playing with it with my dvd player that i'd taken round specially ... spankingly good picture. Sadly she's only got a poor quality tv aerial at the mo and regular telly watching is pretty manky (i couldnt even pick up a single digi tv signal with my old ITVD box with her aerial!), happily sky digital is being installed today so hopefully we'll be able to get some decent telly watching done round there !

Specifically i checked (with my dvd player on rgb output into scart 1) for verticle dark/light patches, moire (including using a r1 disk - crotching tiger), smudging, noise, moving bright patches (ala tosh zp18 complaints) without finding a single problem. I was already considering this set for myself (hence the suggestion to the MIL) and am even more convinced to keep it on my list (with the 32zp18 for space reasons).

Duncan